Monday, November 15, 2021

A Weekend in a Blink!

It's Monday - another weekend has whirled away and a new work week has started! I definitely feel like I blinked and this weekend passed... but then, it was filled with so much going on - so that makes sense! Also... the blurriest picture ever of Ryan and I is actually from Tuesday night, not the weekend - but I included it anyway!

We went to see Eternals - I'm a huge Marvel fan and Ryan is a pretty strong fan himself - we were split on this movie though. I think Ryan absolutely disliked it. I didn't think it was the worst Marvel movie ever but it doesn't rank very high on my life... I think one of the only things that made it worthwhile for me was that it reunited Jon Snow and Robb Stark, ha-ha! 

 

The work week was pretty exhausting and by Thursday evening I was just mentally worn out - and with plans for a Lauren Daigle concert on Friday night and Sight & Sound Theater on Saturday, Ryan decreed that staying in on Thursday night and relaxing would be the best choice - and I'm so glad he encouraged that. As soon as the clock flipped over to 5:00 on Friday - I was out the door and into my parent's car to make the 2+ hour drive to Hershey, PA for the Lauren Daigle concert. It started at 7:30 - and we rolled into the parking lot at the Giant Center at 7:32! *sheesh*

 


The concert was absolutely spectacular - Lauren Daigle was so entertaining and her voice sounds just like the radio! I especially love seeing people in concert when they actually sound like their songs... you know, they actually have talent! The show was upbeat, had great energy and was also worshipful and incredible - it was just such an excellent concert! 




We scooted out of the Hershey area and over to the "Harrisburg" area to stay at the Red Lion for the night. We were up early the next morning - although not really on purpose - but it turned out well because I was able to introduce my parents to Whisk Café! Ryan and I loved Whisk and went a couple times when I visited him when he still lived in PA - and I was definitely excited to sample their Autumn menu! I had the Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Spice Whipped Cream and a Smores Latte - both were excellent... and don't even get me started on my Mom's Apple Butter Brioche French Toast! 

 


After our delicious (although probably not nutritious) breakfast, we scooted up the road to Ronks (although Ryan says it's really in Strasburg) and the Sight and Sound Theater to see Queen Esther. The theater performs Broadway style shows that tell Bible stories - and boy do they bring the Bible to life - it's incredible! The stages were expansive and so life-like, there were animals and the costumes were stunning - it was definitely a sight to take it all in!


 

My Dad did have to use the intermission to check in on the MSU football game - and they ended up coming back from a 28-3 deficit to beat Auburn 43-34! So that was pretty spectacular. Also, don't tell anyone but you aren't really supposed to take pictures... but I decided to be a bit sneaky! 




Seriously though - how could I let a royal blue train like that not be photographed? That picture is from the scene where Esther approaches the King unbidden; she risked her very life to plead for the lives of her people. I just thought the image of her looking so regal but bowing to the King was really lovely and couldn't resist snapping a little image! *smiles*



Saturday started dreary but thankfully while we were in the theater the sun came out - although the rain that passed through made it pretty chilly! We headed home for Virginia and got home in perfect time to grab Ryan from the house and go get Mexican food for dinner - yummy! We watched the movie The Upside - which everyone but me had already seen - it was hilarious and heartwarming! And then I was thrilled to be able to crawl into my own bed for the night. 


Sunday dawned chilly and bright - after some coffee and breakfast it was off to church! We grabbed a quick lunch at Zaxby's and then headed home so my Mom and I could change and then we were off to afternoon tea at The Tea Cart in Berryville! The whole set up was so cute and The Queen herself was even there - I made sure to curtsy to her, ha-ha!

 


I spotted Downton painted on the back wall and couldn't resist snapping a goofy picture! We had some really delicious teas: Shenandoah Blue, Tower of London and Crème de Caramel - I think Shenandoah Blue was my favorite! We also had lovely savories, some divine sweets and of course - a scone with clotted cream and jam! So very tasty - each and every thing! The tea was the November event for the Bible Study that I attend in my neighborhood and we all had such a lovely time - of course, I especially enjoyed being asked about my wedding planning! 




We came home and I ended up helping my Mom with some vegetable beef soup (I mostly helped in that I opened cans and set the table) while the men watched football. The soup was the perfect dinner for a chilly night and afterwards, Ryan and I watched a second episode of the show The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix - we are trying it out and we're intrigued so far. 

It was an early night for me as I'm trying desperately to stave off a cold from settling in - but I don't know if I'm going to conquer it quite yet! Fingers crossed and y'all have a nice week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment