Monday, September 20, 2021

This Weekend Seemed Busy....

This weekend seemed so busy - but it was a good weekend. I started my Friday the same way I always do: with my first cup of coffee and my daily devotional. The work day wasn't too stressful and happily we were able to head home shortly after 3:00 - which was great, because Ryan and I had some business to attend to!

 

Ryan and I headed out to begin the process of buying his next vehicle - an awesome 2003 Subaru Outback in a beautiful maroon color that I am already in love with! I've nicknamed it the Maroon Kangaroo... but I don't think that nickname will stick; Ryan was not a fan! We will be picking up his car on October 1st and I know he cannot wait! The car has so much space in the back... and we've already discussed all the things we can use it for... including camping... I don't even know who I am anymore!


After our car business, we perused Home Goods for a little bit and then headed to the Alamo to see Shang Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings - which was so good! We both absolutely enjoyed it; it might end up in my Top Five Marvel movies, it really is just that good. We headed home after and got some sleep - we'd both gotten up early on Friday and so we were both pretty tired on Friday night.



This is where the pictures of the weekend end... I'm not really sure why, ha-ha! Saturday morning my Mom and I dropped Ryan off at work and then headed to peruse Target for a little while before getting pedicures at 11:00. I got a really cute pumpkin pie color that is perfect for the first day of Autumn coming up this week! The rest of the afternoon was spent having a late lunch, relaxing around the house and getting ready to go to dinner at Hunter's Head Tavern! 

Hunter's Head Tavern is a family favorite and so we were excited to introduce it to Ryan - and while the food was good, the service was a little less than stellar. Oh well, I suppose there's always next time! We arrived home and watched some college football (it was not a good day for USM, MSU or Air Force) before climbing in bed!

Sunday arrived early! Ryan and I took our first Growth Track class at church and then it was off to the nursery for me... where my Mom and I wrangled SIX kiddos under a year old; at one point they were all screaming, it was a rough hour. It also ended up making my back feel less than stellar. *grimace* After church we had lunch, looked at an apartment and then Ryan washed my car - I helped a little bit - before we just enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and evening with some cooking, football and pizza. It was a good weekend - it just seemed like it passed really quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment