Monday, September 13, 2021

That Went Fast!

Ooh boy - does anyone else feel like they blinked and the weekend was over? I know I do! I feel like the weekend just started and yet somehow I'm sitting at work! What happened? I guess life happened and the weekend just whizzed on by....

I never got around to sharing my Five on Friday because I didn't actually have five things to talk about, ha-ha! We left work early and I decided I would rather enjoy my time at home spending time outside and with my fiancé. The week itself felt a little crazy since I ended up going to the doctor on Wednesday to attempt to figure out what exactly was going on with my back - and it turns out - I might be dealing with sciatica. What thrills.

Suffice it to say I was happy to see Friday arrive and glad to head home around 3:00! Ryan and I went to a couples group on Friday night that is part of our church's home groups - we will be doing a study about communication - a subject I'm sure all couples can never learn enough about! We had a great time meeting new people. having dinner and starting the book all about communication! We also scooted home a little early to see Amelia and Evelyn - and formally ask them to be our flower girls!


I think Evelyn is most excited about being a flower girl - apparently she announced to her Mom on Saturday morning that she "is going to be a flower girl" and also told her Mom that she missed me! What a hoot! I met a sweet friend for coffee and breakfast on Saturday morning and then met up with my parents to check out the Autumn Open House at one of our favorite home stores: The Miller House! All the pumpkins and scarecrows and corn husks and Halloween things just make me so excited - I cannot wait for Autumn!


After Ryan got off work on Saturday afternoon, we went to look at dresses for our engagement pictures, check out a potential car for Ryan and even looked in on and scheduled a fitting for Ryan so he can be measured for his suit for the wedding! *squeal* We had dinner at Chili's and then spent the rest of our Saturday evening relaxing, watching Mississippi State football and looking at some potential car options, comparing and contrasting what we were looking at. 


Sunday morning arrived bright and early; Ryan and I went to first service (I feel like we saw so many people) and then popped into Waffle House to grab a late breakfast before Ryan had to head to work. We had a great time at Waffle House and then it was off to the job for Ryan for the rest of the afternoon! I met my parents at Cracker Barrel and then did some grocery shopping for the week before heading home and spending the afternoon doing some laundry, working on my nails and just getting ready for the week ahead. 



I also might have snuggled my sweet pupper, who is getting older by the day - bless his little heart. I picked Ryan up from work and then we watched the Saints/Packers game and the Browns/Chiefs game while eating some football food: Rotel with Sausage, Pigs in a Blanket and Brownies - a perfectly delicious Sunday night football feast! Once the games ended, Ryan and I chatted for a while and suddenly it was closing in on 10 o'clock... and another weekend had come and gone. 

I can't believe how quickly this weekend passed - maybe it seemed shorter after last weekend's three days? I don't know but I do know I'm already looking forward to the next weekend! Aren't we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment