Friday, September 3, 2021

Five on Friday

It's the first weekend of September and it's a three day weekend too - yahoo for Labor Day! I've got a full weekend planned and so I'm really hoping my back will cooperate and I can enjoy the weekend! 


One. Back Struggles - It has been quite a long week y'all, where my back is concerned! It seemed like things were improving pretty rapidly over the last weekend and the start of the week, but things took a definite turn on Wednesday morning. I almost couldn't get up from the bed and the pain was back to being crazy intense and at times really sharp... *sigh*


Thankfully with the combination of heat, Tiger Balm and some new back-specific pain meds, I am beginning to feel better. I just hope that the back will keep improving daily since I've got plans for the weekend and don't really want to have to deal with back pain all weekend long. 

Two. Baseball & Yards Park - This baseball season has been another weird one in so many ways. Games started at limited capacity, masks were required and slowly things began to open up and go back to "normal" - if that's even a thing anymore. Sadly, the Nationals made some huge trades ahead of the trade deadline and the team is definitely in a rebuilding season (it hasn't been pleasant). 


We have tickets to a game on Saturday evening and I am so excited to finally be able to take Ryan to Nationals Park and show him around! I'm planning to introduce him to Ice Cream Jubilee before the game and show him the river walk at Yards Park... and then we can go into the game two hours ahead of first pitch so I can drag him all over Nationals Park and show him everything, ha-ha! I'm looking forward to enjoying the game and hoping next year's team is a little... stronger. 

Three. Brunch & Arlington - We are staying in DC for the night and having brunch at Old Ebbitt Grill on Sunday morning. Old Ebbitt has become a favorite of ours because of the history (it was founded in 1856) and the delicious food; I'm looking forward to introducing Ryan. After we have brunch, we may explore a little in DC before heading to Arlington National Cemetery.


Ryan has never been to Arlington National Cemetery and is especially interested in the Changing of the Guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The ceremony takes places every thirty minutes from April - September, so we will be checking that out. I've seen it before and it's always incredibly touching. 

Four. Halloween Plans - If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you know my co-workers and I always dress up for Halloween! Past costumes have included: The Sanderson Sisters, Star Trek, Game of Thrones and Founding Fathers. This year we decided to go with characters from Schitt's Creek and I will be dressing as Alexis!  


I had pretty much everything I needed for the costume but wanted a shorter dress to wear - it's a very Alexis look - and so I ordered three fairly inexpensive choices from Amazon to try. I assumed I would be lucky if one worked and so I'd just return the ones that didn't fit.... but surprise, surprise - they all three fit and looked good! I'm not used to having that "problem" - but now I have three perfectly great dresses for Fall, including one that will also work for my costume!

Five. All the Tastings - Monday is a day off from work, but I'll still be getting up at my normal time and heading out to do things. And by things, I mean - all the tastings for the wedding! Unfortunately Ryan isn't able to be off on Monday but my parents and I will be going to a menu tasting at Classic Catering in Lorton to sample ideas for the food at the wedding.


Once we leave from Classic Catering, we will be cruising over to Fluffy Thoughts in McLean to pick up a takeaway tasting of cupcakes for another look at potential wedding cake flavors! Yum! I have to say - I have enjoyed the tasting portion of being engaged quite a lot, ha-ha! 

******************************************

It's the first weekend of September and a full weekend at that! I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day weekend and the start of this first month of Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment