Friday, September 24, 2021

Five on Friday

Well - time continues to fly and suddenly the calendar is telling me that this is the last weekend in September! How in the world are we already down to just 98 days left in 2021? I have to say, I know for a lot of people this year hasn't been much better than the last - but that hasn't been the case for me. This final weekend of September promises to be full of goodness and I can't wait for it to start.


One. Lavish Conference - This weekend is my churches annual Women's Conference called Lavish. It's a quick 24 hours but is filled with so much goodness: an excellent time of worship, guest speakers and time spent in fellowship with other women of faith - it's such a great 24 hours and I look forward to it every Autumn! 


This year I have a little more active role in conference - although it's certainly nothing special - I'm just taking part in a short presentation before the first session tonight. Everyone is sharing a short couple words of a testimony on a slip of cardboard... sharing who they were before and after finding Jesus. I think it will be pretty impactful and I can't wait to see how the whole weekend goes!

Two. Dog Leash Attack - This is 100% not nearly as dramatic as it sounds and the bandage(s) are a little bit much, but here we are. My pup Watson has a retractable leash and I've read the warnings about getting them wrapped around your arms, legs, fingers, etc... but I experienced that on Tuesday night. I was trying to take Watson out while also carrying recycling and Watson took off at a run...


The leash wrapped around my wrist and pulled and I yelled because I could feel the burning against my wrist. Thankfully Watson stopped and I was able to untangle my arm and see the red marks lining my wrist... as I walked, the red lines turned into welts and then into sores. *sigh* Both my Mom and my fiancĂ© hollered "Neosporin" and that + bandages have meant that it's healed really nicely. The bandages did make me look some sort of way though... 

Three. Early Birthday Present - My birthday is less than two weeks away (again - how did this year pass so quickly) but my parents left for a month long road trip around the country to celebrate their 39th anniversary, so they gave me my gift early! And y'all - what a gift! The most beautiful Samsonite luggage set in a gorgeous teal blue color!



There are three cases and they are all incredibly lightweight with hard sides, which I love! My parents joked that maybe if I could learn to pack a little bit lighter, Ryan might be able to use one of the suitcases for our future travels. Personally - I think Ryan can use the middle suitcase, I'll use the large and we can share the carry-on - I know how to pack just fine! *smiles*

Four. Perfectly Posh - I have decided to kick my Perfectly Posh business back into action once again and wanted to share, in case anyone reading this lovely little blog is interested in some wonderful pampering products! Perfectly Posh makes all things face, body, hair, hands and lips... and even makes some items for men - all of it geared toward healthy, happy pampering!


Perfectly Posh is cruelty-free and Leaping Bunny Certified! The products are all made from natural ingredients and some of the products are even vegan! Perfectly Posh offer 10% off to all military, first responders, healthcare works and educators through their Posh Cares program and best of all - all the products are made in the USA! If you'd like to check it out, be sure to head to my website at http://NatalieSummerlin.po.sh - and be sure to set up an account!

Five. Perfect Autumn Weather - The weekend looks absolutely beautiful and Saturday is free entrance to the National Parks, so Ryan and I plan to take full advantage of that! When Lavish Conference lets out at around noon, we are going to head into the Shenandoah National Park and hike the Stoneyman Trail - which is one of the highest peaks in the National Park!


We are also gonna have dinner at Shenandoah Lodge and hopefully be able to catch the sunset from high above the mountains! Sunday also looks beautiful and the temperatures are now hanging out in the mid-70's, so after church we will be sure to try and get outside some on Sunday too! 

******************************************

The last weekend of September and only 98 days to go until a new year - here's to making the best of this weekend and the other 98 days to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment