Thursday, September 30, 2021

Life Lately - September

Well. Today is the final day of September and I kid you not - I feel like the month just started! Talk about blinking and missing something...right? Onward we go toward the final three months of the year!


Eating - Another month... another picture filled with fantastic eats! We started the month in DC and I was able to introduce Ryan to Ice Cream Jubilee - I had to try the coffee and donuts flavor and it was spectacular! We had See You Tater at the ballpark and I was so glad I got some tots before the season ends. I always love to get food from See You Tater but the lines are usually backed up - thank goodness they weren't the day we were at the game!


The main thing we ate this month was the awesome menu for our wedding - we went to a tasting at Classic Catering and everything we ate was to die for! Tomato Bisque Shooters with Grilled Cheese, Macaroni & Cheese in Martini glasses, a gorgeous Crudité display with divine dressing, tons of delicious miniature sandwiches, Chicken & Waffles, Shrimp, Stuffed Mushrooms, a beautiful Charcuterie board... *sigh* I can't wait for my wedding to eat it all again! And in case I haven't mentioned - my fiancé can cook and made us the best Jambalaya with Chicken - YUM. It was so good I told him I'd marry him all over again!

Watching - Would you believe that I haven't really been watching much of anything? It's true though! I definitely haven't been watching anything on TV because my evenings are spent trying to get in exercise, walking around the neighborhood with Ryan, planning for the work day and relaxing. We did go see Shang Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings at the Alamo and it was SO GOOD. Absolutely the most enjoyable movie and such a great addition to the Marvel line-up!

Wearing - I'm going a little rogue on this one... not a shock, right? First and foremost, I was looking a little like a psych ward escapee earlier in the month after my dog's leash gave my wrist a pretty fierce rope burn. When they tell you not to get those retractable leashes wrapped around you - they aren't kidding! I'm also wearing super jacked up glasses - as one of the arms (frames?!?) fell straight off last week! I know what I'll be getting when my vision insurance kicks in come November 1...


I've also been wearing a ton of Noonday jewelry - I love the stuff (check out the bought section) and I especially love the bright blue Lupine earrings that I'm wearing in the picture, they always get compliments! And lastly... while I never turn down the opportunity to show off my engagement ring, the picture is actually meant to showcase my nails! I'm a huge fan of Color Street but this month I tried Olive & June and so far, so good! I'm wearing the color Chemistry on my nails and it's lasted four days without chips so far... *fingers crossed*

Bought - I bought a dress for my engagement pictures coming up in October! It's from the online boutique Baltic Born and is a deep burnt orange color with an Autumn floral pattern on in, a cinched in waist and long flowing skirts. It's absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see how it turns out in the pictures! Now I've just got to get my fiancé dressed for the shoot and we should be good to go!

I also bought fabric swatches from two different dress companies to begin looking over and choosing bridesmaids dresses... can't wait for them to arrive.

Want - I want the cooler weather to stick around a bit. It's as simple as that really. And I know six months from now I'll be saying I'm tired of the cold... and I will be... but right now I want these crisp Autumn mornings and cool Autumn evenings to linger for a little while.

Reading - I'm currently reading the book Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney, which has a thriller-esque vibe to it and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! This month I also finished up Not A Happy Family by Shari Lapena, Battle of Brothers by Robert Lacey and 56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard - so I got in plenty of reading this month! Granted - I still have plenty of books on the shelf to read, but that's always the case! 

*****************************************************

That's all for the month of September - I'll see you all on the other side... or October, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment