Monday, September 28, 2020

The Last Weekend in September

How are there only three more days (really two - since this one is halfway over) left in September? I feel like this month has just sped past in a sort of "blink and you'll miss it" way and yet the pictures on my phone prove that I spent this month doing plenty. 

Friday night was pretty much a bust - between having a sinus headache that combined with some aching in my jaw from having a tooth extracted earlier in the week - I was pretty much useless on Friday night! *sigh* I ended up eating some soup and mostly lying around for the evening... as you do sometimes.

Saturday morning I was thankfully feeling much better and so I went to see my sweet friend Melissa to get my hair done. We chatted and laughed and she made my hair look about a million times better - as she always does! After a quick lunch, I joined my parents for a trip over to Wayside Farm to check out all the Autumnal things...





Wayside Farm always has the most wonderful Autumn activities and this year was no exception! The farm was only allowing a certain number of people in each hour to provide a measure of distancing with all the activities - nothing was crowded and I never felt like people were getting too close. We navigated the corn maze; opting to do the version that took about twenty minutes as opposed to over an hour... 




I also gamely climbed a mountain of hay bales and then took the slide down... and had some serious speed behind me because I shot out of the end of the slide and ended up covered in dirt! Still fun though! I also got to shoot the pumpkin cannon - which is one of my favorite things - it makes me feel powerful, ha-ha! 



After shooting pumpkin cannons, climbing hay bales, racing ducks, attempting fast pitch and perusing the pumpkin patch and the nearby farmer's market it was home once again to watch my Mississippi State Bulldogs take down the defending NCAA Champion LSU Tigers... I feel pretty certain no one thought MSU would actually beat LSU but we did and so I ended up on my porch ringing my cowbell on Saturday night!



 

Sunday after a really good sermon at church and lunch, I loaded Watson up and we went to the Arboretum for about an hour. The leaves have suddenly started to make the turn toward colorful and I always want to keep an eye on the Gingko Grove to see when it bursts into it's bright golden colors - it's not quite there yet but all in time! 





The rest of the evening was filled with dinner with friends and some relaxing before the start of another work week! It was a good weekend and a perfectly lovely way to spend the final weekend in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment