Friday, September 4, 2020

Friday Favorites


One. Pittsburgh Bound - I get to do something I love this weekend! Travel to a place I've never been and explore! When the work day ends, I'm headed for Pittsburgh and I've got plans to see as much as I can over Labor Day Weekend! The Phipps Conservatory, the Duquesne Incline, the Clipper River cruise... all of those are already booked and there is still so much more to see!


Apparently you can't say you've been to Pittsburgh if you haven't had pierogies - so I'll be on the look out for some of those somewhere along the way. The weather is supposed to be spectacular and while I'm a little bummed I can't take in a game at PNC Park - I'm still pretty thrilled to be heading to a new place!

Two. Sausage, Green Bean & Potato Bake - I made a new recipe this week and it turned out really well! I'm always a little anxious about trying anything I find on Pinterest because you just never know how it's going to turn out... but this recipe was a win and so I'll be adding it to the rotation!

What You Need
  • 1 1/2 pounds turkey sausage; sliced
  • 2 lbs baby creamer potatoes; diced 
  • 2 15 ounce cans of green beans; drained
  • 1/8 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup onions; chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic; minced
  • 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 cup water

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1sX96LC6mdqG7qcYhUyCm-xKltxubKNvu

To Make It
  • Preheat the oven to 400 & spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
  • Wash the potatoes, dice them and add to a seal-able gallon size baggie.
  • Add oil, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and red pepper flakes to the baggie. Shake to coat the potatoes and set aside.
  • In a large frying pan add sausage and 1/4 cup water and cook over medium high heat until sausages have browned and most of the water has evaporated. 
  • Remove sausages from pan and when they have cooled a bit, add them to the baggie. Shake to coat and set aside.
  • Melt butter in the frying pan, add onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
  • Let cool for a few minutes and then add to the baggie. Shake to coat and set aside.
  • Lastly, add the green beans to the baggie, shake to coat and then empty the contents of the dish into the prepared baking dish.
  • Cover with foil and cook for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
  • Enjoy!
The only "change" I made to the recipe was that I'd chop the potatoes up smaller the next time I cook them. Most of the potatoes were fork tender but the pieces that were a bit larger were not quite as tender. Otherwise - the dish has great flavor and is easy to put together. 

Three. Three Day Weekend - It's a three day weekend! *cue confetti and clapping* I realize there have already been a few three day weekends this year but this is the first one since we returned to the office, so it somehow feels a little bit more "real". Does that make sense at all? Oh well - it does to me! So here's to enjoying the three day weekend!

************************************************

That's all I've got this Friday y'all - it's been a fast week but slow on content and so all I have is those three little things I wanted to share! I'll be back next Tuesday with tales from my travels and more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment