Friday, September 25, 2020

Five on Friday

 


Oh man - I'm glad it's Friday. It's been kind of a booger of a week (I swear - an adult I knew when I was growing up used to say that) and so far today has been a bit long too! I'm glad to see the work week almost at an end and I'm hoping for a calm and easy paced weekend!

One. Tooth Extraction - In the tale of my ongoing dental woes... I had a tooth extracted on Tuesday afternoon and honestly that's probably why the rest of the week has seemed so long! I thought I'd just get that done and cruise through the rest of the week but I ended up back at the dentist two hours after I left for more liquid clot and ended up staying home on Wednesday because I felt completely drained.


I tend to be anxious about things in general and so I've spent a good chunk of the week doing my best to eat very carefully, drink very carefully, just do all the things very carefully because I don't want to end up with dry socket! Thankfully things feel mostly good as of today and I'm hoping I can put this in the rearview. 

And if you're wondering about the picture - they recommend after your extraction to bite down on a black tea bag because the tannins in black tea aid in clotting. So I sat on my deck, chomped down on a tea bag on Tuesday afternoon... as you do. 

Two. Banana Hammock - Raise your hand if you watched Friends when you were growing up... I mean; I didn't actually watch it until I was a young adult but that's still part of growing up. I discovered that one of the multitude of face masks I now own (who'd have thought...) could serve more than one purpose....


I used my little gray plaid mask to carry my banana into the office on Thursday and I couldn't resist wondering (via Instagram) if this was actually a literal banana hammock. I know - I'm weird. :)

Three. Sun Worshipping - I know... I know... soaking up the sun isn't the best thing for anyone but you know what? 


Watson looks pretty darn cute when he stretches himself out in the sunshine! 

Four. Autumn Colors - Well. I confess that I stumbled onto this top from Ann Taylor this morning and when I saw that it was not only on sale but I could also get an additional 15% off the sale price... they had me hooked! Isn't this the most perfect Autumn color?


The color is actually called Mountain Trail and I certainly do love taking a hike down those! I can already see it with some jeans, my brown booties and a cute scarf or chunky necklace to showcase the puffs on the sleeves! Yay for Autumn colors!

Five. A Trifle & Some Plans - It's almost the weekend and I can't wait! I don't have any plans in place for this evening but if the headache that I have been dealing with all day keeps on lingering... then I'm not too bothered by that! Tomorrow morning I'm going to see my sweet friend Melissa and she's going to cut my hair! I can't wait to get my hair freshened up and I always love catching up with Melissa!


Saturday afternoon I'm heading to a nearby farm to do some very Fall things: pick some pumpkins, perhaps ride a hay ride and attempt to navigate a corn maze! It should all be just delightful! And Sunday after church and some down time, some friends are coming over for dinner and I'm going to attempt to make the Caramel Apple Trifle picture above... only time will tell if mine will look as good!

**********************************

That's all I've got for this final Friday in the month of September! I cannot believe we are already facing down the last weekend before the final three months of this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment