Friday, September 18, 2020

Five on Friday

 


One. He's Just Cute - I know. He has a whole post devoted to him on Wednesday(s) but gosh, he's just so cute! He's been missing his grandparents this week but still being such a good little fella and he was especially sweet when he hopped up on the couch with me on Wednesday night... even if the motivation behind the hop up onto the couch was food!


He's just hands down such a good little dog. He has his moments from time to time - but then, don't we all? 

Two. Autumn Shopping - I did a wee bit of shopping earlier this week but y'all know I can't resist a good sale! I needed some black boots for the upcoming cooler weather and I have a pair of Tom's that I got last Christmas that I absolutely love! So I popped over to the Tom's website and surprise! They were having a 30% off sale!


I grabbed myself the Kelsey bootie in black and with the 30% off code FRESH - they were only $68! They're originally $95, so I thought that was a pretty great deal! I also got free shipping since my order was over $50 - so if you're looking for some cute shoes to add to your Autumn wardrobe - head over to Tom's while they sale is still going on!

Three. Hazy Days - The weather this week has been lovely... the temperatures have been hovering in the lower 70's and upper 60's and I've been able to pull out some lightweight long-sleeve tops I love! I love when cooler weather arrives because I'm a big fan of sweaters, boots and scarves...


The one thing this week that has been very strange has been the haze - especially when I investigated and found out that the haze that has been blanketing the sky this week is in fact... the smoke from the wildfires burning all the way over on the West Coast! That's wild! I know it is nothing in comparison to the terrible conditions out West - but I am still mind boggled by the fact that the haze has traveled across the country!

Four. Trying to Get Over the Hurdle - The weight loss journey continues but man... I feel like I have kind of plateaued recently! I've lost 43 pounds since January and I know that's nothing to sneeze at but I also know I still have a ways to go to reach my end goal - so I do find myself a little frustrated from time to time.


I snapped this picture on Thursday morning in my closet and while I feel really confident about that picture, I am still trying to get past this hurdle and keep on going! *sigh* 

Five. Weekend Plans - This week has seemed VERY long. Perhaps I'm not the only person that feels that way but I'm so glad to see Friday arrive! I have big plans to use my free You Pick Two from Panera tonight and finally watch Mulan on Disney+ - I know, I know... it's all very exciting!

Not sure what all I'll get up to on Saturday - I've contemplated making a walk/jog of the whole community, which could amount to over five miles - I'm not sure yet. I am going to see Tenet on Saturday afternoon but beyond that, I'll likely just read and chill. 

Sunday morning will be church and lunch and then... I'm going to the Blue Ridge Animal Rescue for a tour and I'm really hoping that I'll get to hold a little animal (a fox maybe?!?) while we are on the tour! I sort of want to steal a baby fox - but I suppose I'll refrain from that, ha-ha!

**************************************************

The second to last weekend in September - what in the world! We've reached the place where the rest of the year is going to speed by in a flash, so make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment