Monday, October 29, 2018

The Last Weekend of October

Well - the last weekend of October has come and gone and there are only 9 weekends between now and the end of 2018. I can't even wrap my head around that, so we'll move on to other things!

Friday was a chilly, drizzly day and the office closed up early. I headed home and did some reading to pass about an hour...although I struggled to stay awake, being so cozy and warm in the chair! My Mom and I decided that the perfect thing for dinner would be some warm and cozy chicken pot pie, so we made our way to one of our favorite spots - Nana's Irish Pub - for some truly delicious dinner.




We started the meal with Celtic Chips - covered with bacon, corned beef and cheese - they were absolutely divine! I chose to have the Chicken Pie for dinner and with the perfect flaky crush, creamy sauce and tasty vegetables make it one of the most wonderful meals to have - it's one of my favorites. We finished the meal sharing a bit of Bannoffee Pie; a dessert I've never had before, but there was something about the delicious crust that made up the bottom of the pie - it was extremely addictive. 

We made a Target run in the downpour of rain and then headed home to watch Escape to the Continent, a spin off of Escape to the Country. I went to bed earlier than I planned but I do love to sleep, so no sadness from me, ha-ha!

Saturday morning after coffee and waffles for breakfast, I got myself put together and headed out to Twisted Salon to get my hair done. I caught up with my sweet friend Melissa and also got my hair back to it's dark and daring state - which made me feel much more like myself. Once my hair was all set, I made my way up the mountainside to my friend Katie's house, where we caught up, ate some divine chicken pot pie soup, snuggled her sweet little boy Orion and watched Hocus Pocus


I passed the evening having burgers with my family, watching a little bit of football (Mississippi State won!) and I also watched some AHS: Hotel, because I figure it's the season for all things spooky and that's right up my alley. I didn't stay up too late again on Saturday night because I guess I'm just an old lady, ha-ha! I just love my sleep y'all - so I will happily lay around in the bed and read any old time!

Sunday morning after church, we had lunch at Mission BBQ and then I got roped into helping my Dad put a pergola up on the deck as the afternoon wore on. Watson wasn't really very amused by all the construction - and he made his feelings known... What he was amused by was his "to go" box that we brought him from our lunch, ha-ha!


Once he'd finished his construction project, we headed over to the Arboretum to check out the Gingko trees - they are starting to turn but aren't quite the brilliant yellow we are used to - yet.



We also drove over to Long Branch Plantation to see if any gorgeous Autumn colors had started to appear there - and while there is color popping up here and there - nothing is quite as extravagant as I'd thought we'd be seeing this year. Maybe in a week or two? I still took some lovely pictures though!






I passed the rest of the evening with some supper, a bubble bath and the weekly watching (for now at least) of Poldark before getting into bed and tossing and turning... oh well - perhaps I'll sleep better tonight? I can't believe the last weekend of October is in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment