Monday, October 15, 2018

Not Up To Much

Honestly - this weekend wasn't too eventful! I spent time trying to find a way to convert my blog posts from the past year and a half here to Blogger but it was with no avail. *sigh* I'm a bit worried I'm going to end up losing all my posts from the past year and a half and it makes me sad. I'm determined to keep working on it and hopefully I'll figure something out - and if you're reading this and you're a blog whiz, please help!


Friday was a long day at work! I think we all have those day where it seems like the day will never come to an end and that was Friday! I had to make a quick stop at Wal-Mart on the way home and then my pup and I spent the rest of the evening watching the second season of The Good Place and relaxing. I did a load of laundry and did some tidying up - but all in all it was nothing special.

The evening did get eventful when I looked out the back windows and noticed that a fire was going in the basement of the house that is currently being constructed behind ours...a fire going in a strange box-like contraption in a vacant, half built house. It seemed a little odd to me and so I messaged my neighbor (who lives next door to the house being built) and soon enough her husband was outside peering in the basement, discovering the fire was being generated from a hose connected to a propane tank outside and then calling another neighbor that is a firefighter. Long(ish) story short - apparently it's a way to "cure" drywall and I'd have never known that and I thought the house would go up in flames overnight...along with my house too! Did y'all know this was a thing?

Saturday was one of those day where the weather couldn't decide exactly what it wanted to do - the day started gray and dreary but ever so often the sun would burst through the clouds and the day would be spectacular! I did some studying, some baking, some tidying, some walks around the neighborhood with Watson and because I slept terribly on Friday night - I even took a small nap. Around 5:00 I walked up the road to a neighbor's house for a cook out and I wish I'd taken pictures of the view from her backyard - mountains as far as the eye could see - it was gorgeous! The food was yummy, the company was delightful and it was an all around enjoyable way to spend a few hours on Saturday evening!


Sunday morning my Dad and I wore our Saints attire to church for Jersey Sunday - we were definitely the only two people wearing New Orleans Saints gear in a sea of mostly Redskins jerseys. Which tickled me pretty well since when the Saints and the Redskins met up in NOLA recently, the Saints walked away with a 43-19 victory! 


After having lunch at McAlister's and buying some groceries, the family and I headed home and relaxed for a little while before my Mom and I decided to head to a local bakery (Historical Homemarker Bakery) in Strasburg and pick up some baked goods, then cruise over to a local farmer's market and get some mums and pumpkins for the front porch! The mums easily had to be some of the most gigantic I've ever seen - the three we chose filled my backseat with their bright, cheery Autumn blooms!


We arranged the plants out on the porch for a festive look, I ordered some bats to suspend from the ceiling of the porch for decor and then we headed in and had some soup for supper with a football game on the TV! After my Sunday night bubble bath, which has become something of a ritual for me, we all watched the newest episode of Poldark before calling it a night!

Like I said - not a wild weekend - but it was a good weekend and in the end, that's all that really matters - right?


No comments:

Post a Comment