About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Chicken Fajita Soup

It's been a little while since I posted a recipe and just this week I tried a recipe for Chicken Fajita Soup that I found on Pintrest - and it turned out delicious! Choosing to make a recipe that is found on Pintrest is always a little bit of an experiment in hoping for the best and holding your breath, right? I'm sure we've all made something that ended up being a Pintrest fail - this soup, was not!

Chicken Fajita Soup

What You Need
- 2 cans of white meat chicken; drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers; seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 15 ounce cans of black beans; drained
- 1 15 ounce can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 fajita seasoning packet
- salt; to taste
- pepper; to taste 
- 1/2 cup brown rice (optional)
- 1 cup water (optional)

What to Do
1.  In a large 6-8 quart pot over medium heat, add olive oil, bell peppers, onion and minced garlic. Saute the mixture for 3-5 minutes to soften.
2.  Add in the chicken, black beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, fajita seasoning packet, salt, pepper, rice and water. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3.  Allow to cool and serve with your favorite garnishes - perhaps some avocado, sour cream. shredded cheese or tortilla chips...or perhaps all of those things?



This soup is incredibly easy to throw together, has a delicious flavor and is filled with veggies and protein! What's not to love? I ate my first bowl of soup just as it came out of the pot and topped my second bowl of soup with a little Mexican blend shredded cheese and some crumbled tortilla chips and it was delicious both ways! 

This Pintrest recipe is a definite keeper!




No comments:

Post a Comment