Tuesday, April 4, 2017

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming...

Of course I had to allow for a brief interruption to welcome the triumphant return of baseball season in all it's baseball pant wearing, hot dog eating, walk-off watching, rain delay enduring glory...

The final week of March was filled with goodness - without being too full of activity. However, if March came in like a lamb (I can't remember...) it left like a lion on Friday; a day that was completely rain-soaked and ridiculous.

The weekend managed to be both full and not too full - I've recommitted myself to getting some exercise in at least five times a week and so when I was able to leave work two hours early on Friday, I debated between curling up on my couch to watch an episode of Downton or getting in a quick thirty minutes on the elliptical, grabbing a shower and getting ready to go out to eat...

Somehow the desire to better myself physically won out and so I did thirty minutes on the elliptical, took the fastest shower I've taken in a long while, got myself dressed and ready to go...and I did it all in just a little over an hour. Sometimes I impress even myself... After supper and a little shopping, the movie of choice for Friday night was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

I did some retail therapy on Saturday morning and picked up three pair of shoes for Spring and Summer, had lunch with my Mom and watched a Nationals exhibition game on TV before making a quick grocery run to Aldi. I settled in on Saturday night with pizza, some wine and a movie (A Walk Among the Tombstones) before getting back to my Downton Abbey binge...



No comments:

Post a Comment