About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 21, 2017

Five on Friday

It's Friday. And I cannot even begin to wrap my head around five things to share...because I don't know why. It's Friday and maybe my brain feels warped after this week? I'm not sure. I have no excuse... *smile*

So - in an effort to somewhat recap the things that I posted about on my "other" blog hosting site, I've shared five on my favorite things I posted about in the months that I wasn't here on this blog hosting site. Enjoy!


One. Stitch Fix - I made the jump to Word Press before I started getting Stitch Fix and it's something I've fallen in love with! Stitch Fix allows you to have a personal shopper once a month and you only pay $20! You are sent five items and the $20 styling fee is deducted from anything you keep! If you choose to keep all five items, you get an additional 25% off your entire purchase! I have only once had a less than stellar experience and I would highly recommend this service to anyone! My very first experience can be found here:

 https://natyouraveragestory.com/2016/09/28/stitch-fix-the-first/ 

and if you'd like to try it for yourself, please feel free to use my link: 

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/9219429?sod=w&som=c



Two. Supper Made Simple - This dish is so easy and is always devoured! Give it a try!

Sausage, Potato & Broccoli One Pan Meal

- 1 package beef or turkey sausage, sliced in rounds
- 1 bag small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- olive oil
- Season All
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper

Combine the cubed potatoes, broccoli and sliced sausage in a bowl; add in olive oil to coat and sprinkle on your spices. Preheat the oven to 400, places the veggies and sausage on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet (if you think you need more seasoning, add it now) and cook for 40 minutes. Enjoy! 

*I also added some cubed chicken tenderloins the last time I made this - excellent*

p1010246


Three. Turning 32 in Las Vegas - I spent the weekend of my 32nd birthday in Las Vegas with my younger sister. It was absolutely a blast, I could go on and on about it. We stayed at the Venetian, ate at some incredibly delicious restaurants (hello Yard Bird!) and just had a wonderful time together - I've tucked some pictures below!

img_4367

p1010296




Four. Autumn in the Mountains - One of my dear friends has a house that has this incredible view off her back deck...it's amazing, to say the least! Saying I love Autumn in the mountains is sort of broad, because what I really love is everything about September - December in the mountains. I love the how beautiful the mountain scenery is and how the mountains change as the seasons change. I documented that on my "other" blog and I'll keep doing that here!

p1010217


Five. The Nationals win the NL East - Another favorite post or recollection from my time on the other blog was that my Nationals won the NL East last fall! The Nationals had a stellar 95 win season last year and celebrated in the clubhouse after they beat the Pirates 6-1 to secure the National League East title. Here's hoping this season will be a repeat!



No comments:

Post a Comment