Friday, April 14, 2017

Five on Friday

One of the most wonderful days of the week - Friday is here once more and this post was actually written on Thursday - because I'm OFF today and I'll be spending my day (and most of the weekend) in DC, so I'm away from the computer today!

However, I sort of flopped on last week's Five on Friday and so I wanted to be sure to get one in for this week. Without further ado - Five on Friday, the Good Friday edition!
fof-5

One. Three Day Weekend - The glory of a three day weekend is upon us! I'm not sure why, but this past week has seemed long and when I woke up on Thursday even my coffee was not really giving me the kick in the pants that I needed to wake up! A three day weekend is just what the doctor ordered..and when you add Nationals baseball, a quick visit to Old Town Alexandria and Easter into that weekend - it's bound to be good!

And it's also a THREE DAY weekend!


Two. Target T-Shirt - I am in love with Target's Women's Softest Scoop Neck Tee (made by Target brand Merona)! I grabbed a couple a few weeks ago and promptly fell in love with the material, the fit, the style...basically it's the perfect tee! I was pleasantly surprised when I returned to Target to see that they were three for $20 and so I've essentially purchased one in every color...and then some extra. They are simply a perfect wardrobe staple!



Three. Old Town Alexandria - I'll be spending my Saturday (or most of it) poking around Old Town Alexandria; a neighborhood that I've heard a ton about but haven't been able to spend too much time in since I moved almost three years ago! Old Town was established in 1749, was home to George Washington and has over 200 unique restaurants, boutiques and a few museums thrown in for good measure. Something tells me that there is enough to do in Old Town to keep a person entertained for much longer than a Saturday - but you've got to start somewhere, right?



Four. Nationals Baseball - The start to the long weekend will be happening at the ballpark...and honestly; that's a wonderful start to a long weekend! The Nationals will be hosting the Philadelphia Phillies over the weekend and I'll be scooping up a Daniel Murphy bobblehead to add to my growing collection! The Nationals are at 5-4, holding at just over .500 and hopefully this weekend will allow the Nationals to get a few more Curly W's before they head out on the road next week to face the Atlanta Braves, the New York Mets and the Colorado Rockies.

Max Scherzer - always delightfully weird...

Five. Easter - On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how He told you, while He was still with you in Galilee: The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again." Luke 24: 1-7



No comments:

Post a Comment