Friday, December 4, 2015

Sunday Dinner: Beef Stew

I don't know about the weather where you live - because I don't necessarily know where you live, dear reader - but the weather in Northern Virginia is getting pretty chilly! I'm a transplant to Virginia from way down South in Mississippi and I absolutely love getting to (finally) experience all four seasons! One of my favorite things about colder weather is getting to cook and eat soups and stews.

Now - if I'm being 100% honest, I could eat soup all the time. Even in the Summer. No problem. I know that's not the case for most people, so I keep my soup and stew obsession at bay when cooking for other people. Until Winter arrives - and then it's ON!

This beef stew is crazy easy...which is probably why I only have two pictures. I took a picture before and a picture after - that's really all I had time for. You could alter this a lot of different ways, but for now I'll share what I did and leave the rest to you.


What You Need

- 1 package lean stew meat (I believe mine was 2 lbs.)
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut in large cubes
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 McCormick Beef Stew seasoning packet


What You Need to Do

- Wash and cut all your vegetables the night before; this will just make things move along quicker if you're like me and throwing this together before work in the morning.

- Load the stew meat, potatoes, carrots and onion into your crock pot. Mix the seasoning packet with water (per instructions) and pour over the meat and veggies.

- Cook on low for 8-10 hours

- Serve with a side of crusty French bread and enjoy!

The before & after - this is all I've got folks. 
This was SUPER easy - just like I said. Super easy to make, absolutely delicious to eat and perfect for chilly nights! 

Do you make homemade beef stew? If so - is there anything special you put in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment