About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Friday, December 4, 2015

Sunday Dinner: Beef Stew

I don't know about the weather where you live - because I don't necessarily know where you live, dear reader - but the weather in Northern Virginia is getting pretty chilly! I'm a transplant to Virginia from way down South in Mississippi and I absolutely love getting to (finally) experience all four seasons! One of my favorite things about colder weather is getting to cook and eat soups and stews.

Now - if I'm being 100% honest, I could eat soup all the time. Even in the Summer. No problem. I know that's not the case for most people, so I keep my soup and stew obsession at bay when cooking for other people. Until Winter arrives - and then it's ON!

This beef stew is crazy easy...which is probably why I only have two pictures. I took a picture before and a picture after - that's really all I had time for. You could alter this a lot of different ways, but for now I'll share what I did and leave the rest to you.


What You Need

- 1 package lean stew meat (I believe mine was 2 lbs.)
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut in large cubes
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 McCormick Beef Stew seasoning packet


What You Need to Do

- Wash and cut all your vegetables the night before; this will just make things move along quicker if you're like me and throwing this together before work in the morning.

- Load the stew meat, potatoes, carrots and onion into your crock pot. Mix the seasoning packet with water (per instructions) and pour over the meat and veggies.

- Cook on low for 8-10 hours

- Serve with a side of crusty French bread and enjoy!

The before & after - this is all I've got folks. 
This was SUPER easy - just like I said. Super easy to make, absolutely delicious to eat and perfect for chilly nights! 

Do you make homemade beef stew? If so - is there anything special you put in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment