Friday, December 5, 2014

Ode to the Party Wagon

Well - word came today that my beloved Party Wagon aka my 2014 Ford Fiesta would be labeled as a complete loss by my insurance company. The poor little car didn't even make it a year and it makes me sad that I had such a short amount of time with my beloved little Fiesta. It was a good car, so I thought I'd dedicate a post to it's memory with some pictures from it's short but awesome life.

When I fist laid eyes on a Party Wagon - Thanksgiving break in VA. It was love at first sight.

Test driving the Fiesta, which was christened The Party Wagon by Lindsey - a name that stuck!

Pictures my Dad sent me when he picked up the Party Wagon on December 21, 2013!

One of my favorite features - ambient lighting in the car.

An awesome Christmas present - complete with antlers & a red nose!

Doing an excellent job driving me to the Great Smoky Mountains for Easter!

Even Watson was keen to try & take the Party Wagon for a spin.

The Party Wagon carried us safely from MS all the way to VA in June.

Cruising with a delicious cup of Starbucks - my cup holders have never been happier!

Watson enjoying an adventure at the Arboretum from the back seat of the Party Wagon.

The night the Party Wagon sustained it's injuries...injuries that would prove to be fateful.

The Ford Fiesta, fondly known as the Party Wagon was "born" on December 21st, 2013.  It made a long journey to Mississippi just in time for Christmas 2013 and was the most loved present. It got me through the start of a new year, survived the snow of early January, carried me safely to and from work each day, took me on numerous adventures - the biggest being a move to Virginia in June. The Party Wagon was; in short, a great car.

On the night of November 24, 2014 the Party Wagon was struck by an 18-wheeler and sustained severe head injuries. After almost two weeks at the Collision Center, the Party Wagon succumb to it's injuries and was considered a total loss by the insurance company. 

The Party Wagon: December 21, 2013 - December 5, 2014
You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment