Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 in Pictures!

Welcome 2014! I feel this is a year for big changes!

Unseasonably cold weather in late January brought snow - and two snow days off from work!

Late January, ready for a night out in the big town of Meridian!

Another round of snow flurries arrived in February!

I darkened things up a bit halfway through the month...

Watching my sweet littlest "sister" in her school beauty review!

A different kind of "snow" - petals fluttering from the tree as it buds.

March evenings visiting with Micah & Hope!

March winds leave Watson trapped on the porch until I moved the plant...

Signs of Spring are everywhere - even in the kitchen!

Facing my fears in the Smokies - I conquered the zip line at over 500+ feet off the ground, soaring through the mountains & above the treetops!

Spending Easter afternoon in the National Park - Hen Wallow Falls is beautiful!

My cousin's graduation - he's the last Watson grandkid to graduate. We're all "big kids" now!

My traveling buddy to Colorado Springs in late May - flying the friendly skies with Nanny!

The family in the stands at USAFA for the Graduation Parade.

The family with our new Second Lieutenant - so proud of her!

One dramatic life change calls for another - I chopped all my hair off in June!

Saying good-bye to my first home - I was Virginia bound for good in June of this year!

Watson proved to be an excellent traveler on our journey to Virginia - he loves the open road & the thrill of adventure!

Settling in to life in the mountains of Virginia.

Exploring the open air walking mall in Winchester - part of my new home.

A Styx concert with lifelong (literally) friends Angie & Rachel.

The Shenandoah Valley from the Woodstock Fire Tower, high in the mountains!

Celebrating July 4th (it was freezing) with my very own Statue of Liberty - Emily!

Meeting sweet Miss Amelia Jane for the first time - only a day old.

Lindsey joined the summer fun in mid-July!

Ready to float down the Shenandoah River on a toasty July afternoon!

I finally made it to Hogwarts in July - part of our family vacation to Orlando the last week in July.

Ready to battle the Dark Side on Star Tours!

Making a pit stop in Dino Land USA - in the middle of The Animal Kingdom.

You've got to have Mickey ice cream while in Disney - it's just what you do!

Tea time with Lindsey before she headed out to Columbus to start her "adult" life.

Cuddles with Amelia - always one of my favorite things.

Lunch with this sweet boy & his Momma - so love all my friend in Virginia...& their precious kiddos!

Touring Movern Park in late August - holy house!

Enjoying the Shenandoah County Fair with Mom in early September - we had to ride the Tilt A Whirl!

My first drive-in movie experience - it was a double feature: Plane Fire & Rescue & How to Train Your Dragon 2.

Touring battle fields with Dad in September...

Helping Francis Scott Key write the Star Spangled Banner at the Bicentennial Celebration at Fort McHenry!

The amazing fireworks display at the Bicentennial - how cool are they?

I made the winning cupcakes at our church's Cupcake Wars...color me shocked!

Late September brought time with one of my oldest friends & her family. 

Apple picking with Ryleigh at Marker Miller Orchard.

Lost in the corn maze with Nickolee & Lyllian.

Turning 30 - how in the world did I get here so fast?

Long Branch Plantation on an Autumn afternoon.

Smiling with Watson at the Virginia State Arboretum.

Happy Halloween from Rocket Raccoon, a wee pumpkin & Princess Merida! 

Spending a rainy Saturday underground in Shenandoah Caverns!

Seeing the Fall colors on Skyline Drive with Dad.

Watson & I ready to take an evening walk in the cold - thank goodness for poofy coats!

Mid-week snuggles with sweet Jimmy after work.

Amelia helping me at Kitchen of Hope - she was trying to serve the chicken!

Watson loves to stare out the windows at the world passing outside...

A pit stop in Starkville over Thanksgiving vacation.

Returning to home sweet home - which was blanketed in white!


Saying good-bye to the Party Wagon after it was pronounced totaled - being smacked by a semi tends to have that effect on cars.

A gorgeous winter sunset.

Taking in the lights at Clearbrook Park & posing as Santa & Mrs. Claus!

My new car - a 2013 Kia Optima. I love it!

The face of someone who survived working retail through Christmas! Yikes!

Christmas 2014 with the family.

A day in DC with even more family....although this is only a picture of DC, ha-ha!

My first time seeing the National Christmas Tree.

Watson says "don't take down the Christmas tree...I'm not ready for the season to end!"

Here's to 2015 and Whatever it May Bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment