Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Beth Moore Chili

Yes - as in the Christian speaker, Beth Moore. Our ladies church group has been doing a Beth Moore Bible Study recently (Stepping Up:A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent) and a couple weeks ago I stumbled upon a retweet or something along those lines...regardless; it was for a white chili recipe. I have searched high and low and tried many a white chili recipe and I have always struggled to find one I really liked. I had confidence in this one though...Beth Moore knows the word of God, maybe she knows the word of the kitchen too!

All the ingredients...nom, nom, nom...I can feel that this will be good.

Throw it all in the pot - I love how those chilis add such a pop of color!
Ingredients

1 tbsp. oil
1 clove of garlic; minced
1 onion; chopped
1 tbsp. cumin
2 cans of white meat chicken (or 3 small chicken breasts; shredded)
2 cans of white beans
1 can of white corn, about 12 oz.
1 can of creamed corn, about 12 oz.
1 can of chopped green chilies, about 4 oz.
2 cups of chicken stock
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 can diced tomatoes, about 15 oz.

Garnishes can include sour cream, tortilla chips, shredded cheese...really whatever floats your boat!

Cooking away....

The delicious finished product!
Make It

- Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.

-Add all the rest of the ingredients and stir, mixing well. Cook on medium heat for about thirty minutes to allow all the flavors to mix together.

-Serve with garnishes and enjoy!


So - I think I've found a winner with this recipe and I'll definitely add it to the rotation. We have leftovers in the fridge and I think they are calling my name for lunch tomorrow. Try this one out - you won't regret it and it's just super easy! Beth Moore obviously knows the kitchen just like she knows Jesus - well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment