About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Blast from the Past - Part One

So - I was just poking around on Facebook last night...like you do...and I stumbled upon this 100 Questions post that I did almost literally 5 years ago! I first answered all these questions and posted it to my Notes section of Facebook (does anyone even use that function of Facebook anymore???) on October 25th, 2009! I didn't take the time to fully read through it but I thought I'd take the post from Facebook to here and see if any of my answers have changed.

I'm doing this in four parts because no one wants to read a post that is 100 questions long - am I right?

Here we go...100 Things about Me: 2009 versus 2014

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? 
Let's see, I have one on my forehead, above my left eye-I was jumping around on my Grandma's bed when I was 6 & I smacked my head on the windowsill. Ouch! 

- Obviously this hasn't changed. Still there, still epic.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? 
Pictures that match my room, a mirror, a cross... 

- A giant sheet of Snoopy trading cards printed into a huge picture, my calendar, an Egyptian hieroglyph picture and a Roman plate... 

3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP? 
I don't do any of those things, My Mom tells me that I breathe really heavy when I am asleep.

- Nope. Still just a deep breather.

4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? 
I am into just about anything although I am not usually a fan of country or rap. 

- I listen to a lot of instrumental music (think soundtracks) as well as Christian music since I've found a K-Love station that comes in really well here in Virginia. I still don't really care for country (unless it's Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum or Hunter Hayes) and I really don't like rap.

5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN? 
Um, not certain...Mom? 

- Around 8:30 in the morning...I think. Again, my Mom can verify this, ha-ha!

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? 
More than anything, I would like to find that special someone 

- Yep, I'd still really like that too. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? 
I miss my Papaw-I also miss my little sister, but she is just a plane ride away.

- I miss my Papaw still. I also miss my Pops, who passed away last August. I also miss my sister not living right across the hall from me; one of the joys of being an adult. :)

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)? 
My photo albums, they contain all my memories. 

- I do love my photo albums still but I have a piece or two of jewelry that I hold dear. I also love my books. Love them.

9. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 
5'5" 

- Yeah...that hasn't changed. At all. I'm still a little shorty.

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? 
Nah, not really. I do have personal space issues though, ha ha. 

- Claustrophobic...no. Acrophobic? Most definitely. Still don't like people getting all up in my business.

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK? 
When it is pitch black, for sure! 

- Oh yes, I don't like the dark so much.

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? 
Probably my sister, but in a good way-not a bad way 

- A friend; in a way that my feelings were hurt. Almost certainly not intentional but it still stung a bit.

13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR? 
Being alone 

- Still the same, being alone. As in, ending up alone.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE PREFERRED SEX? 
I don't really have a preference, I just like boys! 

- I'm not picky but red heads are kind of cute. Then again, so are blonds. Ha-ha!

15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING? 
I don't plan to propose-I plan to be proposed to one day. 

- Ditto to the above answer.

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? 
Coffee 

- Always coffee, every morning coffee. More than one cup. Never an energy drink; I had a Red Bull addiction for about 2 months the last semester of college but no thanks. None of that anymore.

17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? 
Cheese, lots of cheese 

- Oh, still cheese. I also really love a good BBQ pizza. Lots of chicken, cheese and BBQ sauce!

18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
Wow, I dunno...for some reason, turkey sounds really good. But like, Thanksgiving turkey. 

- I am; at present, not even remotely hungry. I can't think of anything I just really want to eat. This may have more to do with feeling less than 100% right now, so I have no appetite. I'm sure that will change. It always does.

19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? 
Blue 

- Blue! Always Blue! 

20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? 
Ew, no. 

- Still ew. Still no. Always no.

21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED? 
Probably the pearls I got for my 16th birthday from my parents 

- Pearls. Of course; that hasn't changed. 

22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? 
Oh, I have a crush on lots of people. Tom Welling is nice, so is David Boreanaz...

- I have no crushes on "real" people that I know, ha-ha. I do think Benedict Cumberbatch is quite delightful, He's real...just not real on my level. Hehehe! 

23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? 
Nope 

- Yeah, that hasn't changed either.

24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? 
I have lots of clothes from Old Navy 

- I don't have brands I really love. I do shop at Belk and Old Navy quite a lot but I don't have any one brand I gravitate toward.

25. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY? 
Emily Deschanel/Neil Patrick Harris 

- I do still love Emily and Neil...perhaps they are my TV celebrities? I love Sandra Bullock and Benedict Cumberbatch also.


To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment