Thursday, June 24, 2021

The ABC's of Me - Let Me Update Y'all

I originally did this post several years ago and I like to update it every 12-18 months just to see how my life has changed, how my answers and opinions on life have changed. It's always fascinating to look back on!  


A - Available or Married? Well I'm not married quite yet, but I'm certainly not available anymore! I'm engaged to be married to a wonderful Godly man named Ryan. He is truly an answered prayer and a complete blessing. He was absolutely worth the wait!

B - Book? I'm currently reading Skye Falling by Mia McKenzie and it's an intriguing book so far! I have to say that joining the Book of the Month club has been so much fun for me and I have discovered so many excellent books!

C - Cake or Pie? Normally I'd say cake... 90% of the time I'd say cake. But I do love a nice slice of cherry pie from time to time! 

D - Drink of Choice? Coffee! Always coffee! I like it hot or iced. Strong or weak. I always love coffee and if I'm not drinking that, then I'm usually drinking coffee.

E - Essential Item? *sigh* Still probably going to be my iPhone! It just has everything on it... my Bible, my social media, my health and weight loss apps, my wedding planning app... it's just got all the things on it!

F - Favorite Color? It's still blue. Always blue. Even incorporating blue (navy) into my wedding.

G - Games to Watch or Play? I will always watch a Nationals baseball game and I actually really enjoy playing a marble game called Aggravation. A family friend made our family a gorgeous game board and I tend to get a little competitive about it... *smiles*

H - Hometown? My hometown is in Northern Virginia. I was born in California but only lived there until I was two... and I spent the largest chunk of my life in Collinsville, Mississippi which is a one stop light town in Central Mississippi - however; I've lived in Northern Virginia now for just over eight years and this place definitely feels like my home.

I - Indulgence? Oh man, right now it's pinning anything and everything related to weddings and planning weddings on Pinterest and researching things on The Knot. I've had a wedding pin board for years but I am finally adding to it for real and I find myself perusing Pinterest and The Knot... probably... more than I should!

J - Job? I work in Wealth Management! I've worked at my job for just over seven years and I still really enjoy my job. I work with two of my best friends and I have the opportunity to learn and grow in the position for the last seven years.

K - Kids & Their Names? No kiddos yet but I still have a precious fur baby (although I guess he's a fur oldie) named Watson! I do have names picked out for human kiddos though... ha-ha!

L - Life is Incomplete Without? Jesus. Life is incomplete without having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ... if I don't have Jesus, nothing else matters.

M - Music Group or Singer? Y'all... I still do love me some Queen! That definitely hasn't changed!

N - Number of Siblings? I just have the same one little sister... that won't be changing, ha-ha!

O - Oranges or Apples? Oranges! I have discovered recently that I absolutely love clementine's, which I guess are a different type of oranges... but oranges just the same! 

P - Phobias/Fears? I still don't love to fly and I am not wild about heights! I'm getting better with both every time I attempt them though and so maybe eventually I'll banish them completely! 

Q - Favorite Quote? "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life." Not sure who to attribute that to but I love the idea of finding happiness (or joy) in every moment no matter how small or large.

R - Reason to Smile? Where shall I begin? I am saved by grace, I have a wonderful fiancé that loves me, I have a family that adores me, I have friends that are incredible, I have a great job... I have my whole life stretched out in front of me. How can I not smile?

S - Season? I absolutely love Autumn and I especially love the Christmas season! In general, I love everything from September through December, ha-ha!

T - Tattoos? I don't have any ink at this point... I'm not a huge fan of needles, so I don't know if I could ever be "tough" enough to get inked. 

U - Unknown Fact about Me? I won a church wide reading prize when I was not quite three. The challenge was for kids to read as many books as possible and depending on your age, your parent could read them to you. My Mom was a book fiend (I get it honest) and read to me like crazy... and I won the prize!

V - Vegetable You Love? I really enjoy carrots and broccoli but I honestly have become the type of person that will eat almost any and all veggies. It's wild! Who am I?

W - Worst Habit? This hasn't changed at all... I am the worst at overthinking every single thing! I analyze and criticize everything I do and say in my head. *eek*


X - X-Rays You've Had? I've had several; I used to have them on my spine on a pretty annual basis because I have scoliosis but I haven't had one in ages...

Y - Your Favorite Food? I'm not sure... I just really love good food! I love a good salad, a slice of pizza, a well made sandwich and I especially love a good chocolate chip cookie!

Z - Zodiac? I'm a Libra; all about the balance!

******************************************************

Well there you go - a little update on the ABC's of Me - isn't it funny how things change?

No comments:

Post a Comment