Friday, June 18, 2021

Five on Friday

It's the second to last weekend in June - where has this month gone? I just can't believe how quickly the last few weeks have gone by and I cannot believe it will be July soon!


One. Two Weeks to Go - I don't know if I've actually mentioned this on the blog but I'm UK bound in two weeks! I've been to London and the English countryside before but this time we are expanding our explorations to Scotland and I absolutely cannot wait! True story - I'll be taking on ride through the very scene below... on the Jacobite Train across the Glenfinnan Viaduct. 


I'll be exploring Edinburgh, some locations from Outlander and just generally taking in as much as I can of Scotland... from sun up to sun down, whether rain or shine! My father has traced our heritage to Scotland and so a huge chunk of my ancestry is from that magical land north of England. I cannot wait to explore the country and I'll go into more detail about what we'll be doing in another post!

Two. Tiki Tea - I have some fun weekend plans and they kick off with a little afternoon Tiki Tea at my friend Danielle's house! We are going to have all things tropical and sip some tea and I know it's going to be a delightful time!


My friend Danielle's sister is also going to do our make-up, so that should be fun! Hopefully I'll leave her house looking stunning and filled with delicious tea and goodies! I'm going to be making a Tropical Fruit Pizza and a sort of charcuterie board with a tropical twist! 

Three. Face to Face, Finally - I'm going out to dinner with a friend that I haven't seen since March of last year and I cannot wait! The whole pandemic happened and then she had a baby girl in April and since everyone was using an abundance of caution and staying home... we just haven't been able to get together - until now!


We are going to grab Mexican food and catch up on Saturday night and I cannot wait! I know we will have the best time and I cannot wait to see what all she's been up to since last Spring! We've text pretty frequently but there is just something special about meeting up face to face!

Four. Another Pup Snap - I know I just shared a picture of Watson on Wednesday... and again on Thursday's post but he came along to work with me today and it just makes for some great photo opportunities.


It's beautiful here today and the little guy has been loving the walks we've been taking! I know he can't wait to get home and soak up some sunshine on the deck!

Five. My Mom Started A Blog - If you're looking for another travel related spot to check out, my Mom started a blog to document the adventures she and my newly retired Dad will be having all over the country! She is new to the whole blogging thing - so show her some love over at Excursion Enthusiasts.

***************************************************

That's all I've got for this fine Friday afternoon! I'm gonna head home, relax a little bit, grab some groceries and enjoy my weekend. I hope you will too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment