Friday, June 25, 2021

Five on Friday

It's the final Friday in June - how did this month go by so quickly? I know this month has been filled with so much goodness for me... I got engaged, chose a wedding date, booked a venue and a photographer... and there is still so much to do! And I cannot believe it but this time next week, I'll be planning to board a plane bound for the United Kingdom - seriously - this month has flown by! 


One. The Tiki Tea - Last Saturday I went to my friend Danielle's house for a little Tiki style tea and some make-up application tips! The food was so very yummy! We had Ham & Pineapple Sliders, Pineapple Upside Down Cakes, Tropical Cookie Pizza, Lemon Squares, a Tropical-style charcuterie tray and Tropical Meatballs - along with Mango Pineapple Tea! 


Danielle's younger sister sells Younique make-up products and so she used her arsenal of products to give us demonstrations and do our make-up for us! I learned a little bit about shading and contouring my face... and while I took some useful tips, I think I'm a more basic make-up lady! I did grab some BB cream and a special bundle and snagged a Kabuki brush for applying foundation from Amazon - it was a great afternoon all around!

Two. Bridal Goodies - I'm all engaged and the fun has begun! Blessedly my Momma is one of the most organized people I know and so the planning has kicked off without a hitch and to celebrate, I signed myself up for a little Bridal Box that sends goodies to prepare for your wedding each month! My first box arrived just recently and it was filled with all things exercise-related!


The first box had a blush pink duffle bag emblazoned with the phrase "Bride" on it... which matched the clear and white water bottle inside! There was also a set of resistance bands, some bright pink body scrub, some wireless earbuds and the cutest tank that says "Sweating for the Wedding" - and Lord knows I'll be doing that as soon as I return from the U.K.

Three. Photography Things - I knew even before I was dating anyone that when I finally got engaged, the person I wanted to take my engagement and wedding pictures was our dear friend Brooke Lull! She has taken some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen and I say this from experience - not only have I perused her website forever, but she personally took family pictures for us just a couple years ago that were excellent!


Well - earlier this week I arrived home from work to a package and was stunned when I opened it! It was a gorgeous wooden box wrapped in a pink ribbon and topped with a sprig of greenery. Inside was a beautiful wedding photography and planning guide and a personalized note from Brooke... not to mention a lovely note pad, a candle, a face mask and a bottle of white cider! What an absolutely thoughtful and amazing gift - we have picked the absolute best photographer!

Four. The Sweetest Babies - Y'all! Oh my goodness y'all! I couldn't resist sharing this collage I put together of Ryan and I when we were both about two and a half! Now - I know I am partial to myself and my precious fiancé, but goodness - we're cute, right?


Also - we are both completely dark headed now but when we were teeny, we were both completely blonde! Isn't that the funniest thing ever? I also know we both had some very cool Osh Kosh overalls when we were little... because I've seen pictures of my self in some just like Ryan's - but adorned with flowers.

Five. Weekend Plans - My fiancé is coming to visit for the weekend! The weather is supposed to be beautiful and warm all weekend, so we might have to make plans to hit the swimming pool again this time! I forgot how much I love being at the swimming pool - it is so refreshing! We will probably just chill tonight since we've both worked hard this week!


I'm planning to cook dinner on Saturday evening and we will be headed to church on Sunday morning! I have nursery so I'll be snuggling some babies and then we will make our way to Gettysburg to have lunch with my future Mother in Law and then I'll be headed home to start preparing for the work week and packing for the U.K. I can't believe I'll be in the U.K. next weekend!

****************************************************

The final weekend of June has arrived! We are about to close out the first half of 2021 and move into the second half of 2021 - can y'all believe that? I know I can't - but here we are and what a crazy amazing first half of the year it's been!

No comments:

Post a Comment