Thursday, June 17, 2021

Life Lately - Some Snaps & Such!

It's been a hot minute since I've posted - I know. *sigh* Life has been full and a little frantic the past week but things seems to be slowing down a little bit for now and so I wanted to gather together some pictures and snippets from the last week! I'm so glad Thursday is here and the weekend is just around the corner!

 

I ended up getting sick on Wednesday night/Thursday morning after eating (I think) what was some bad deli turkey.... the very turkey you see Watson begging for in the above picture, ha-ha! I guess he has an iron stomach and I don't - because my meal did not sit well with me and I missed work last Thursday because of it. Suffice it to say that I was plenty thrilled when Friday rolled around, I felt better and the weekend was on the horizon. 

 

Also - have y'all played with the Voila app? Yes? No? Just me? I couldn't resist turning myself and Ryan and my entire family into cute little cartoons! I had a ton of people tell me that my cartoon actually looked like me and I cannot get over how handsome Ryan looks as a cartoon! It cracks me up and I've maybe played with it more than a few times!

Saturday morning after breakfast I headed to Pennsylvania for about twenty-four hours to spend some time with my boyfriend. We went to a car show at a local church and let me tell you: I know absolutely nothing about cars and Ryan knows absolutely everything and so I merrily followed him around listening to him gasp and exclaim and point out all the important things about cars. It was a WARM day for being in PA - and when we finished looking at cars, I was ready for some AC! 

 

 

We also poked around a really cool... albeit really odd house in Wrightsville that is built into the side of the hill and is sort of like an "Earth" house. It had plants growing on the roof, was all curves and no straight lines and had waterfalls all around the house. It even had some giant rocks stacked at the top... it was certainly very unique and when we passed it while out driving around, we had to investigate.



 


We also stumbled on a lovely state park that was perched on the hillside overlooking the Susquehanna River and the whole valley laid out below it - it was absolutely beautiful and everywhere you looked, you could see a different view. I've already discovered several different views I really love in Pennsylvania - although I might actually love the views because of who I'm seeing them with!



We had dinner on Saturday night at Bonefish Grill and then wandered around the mall for a while poking around in some shops. Sunday was church and while we attempted to swim - the weather never really cooperated: it was overcast and a little cooler than we'd have liked, especially considering how cool the water was! We ended up watching the first episode of Loki and then I got Ryan hooked on WandaVision before I headed back to Virginia. 

This week has been filled with work, Tuesday night Bible study and getting the house ready for out of town guests this weekend. I cannot believe there are only two weekends left in June - it seems wild that it's almost July! It also seems wild that I'll be leaving for the UK in just FIFTEEN days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment