Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Life Lately - June

Well - here we are. Tomorrow is the last day of June and we are essentially at the halfway point of this year. I cannot wrap my mind around that, it's just wild. So instead of trying to fathom how six months have already passed so quickly... let me share a little about my life lately.


Eating - I couldn't find snaps of all the yummy things I ate this month... or maybe I didn't eat that many things? Ryan and I went to tea at Rosemont the first weekend in June and all the delicious scones, sandwiches and desserts were lovely and tasty (I'm not sure Ryan thought that...). Ryan and I also ate out at Bonefish Grill mid-month and I had a chicken breast topped with goat cheese, spinach and artichoke hearts... YUM.


My friends and I had a Tiki Tea and all the tropical treats were so tasty; I love anything with a pineapple, lemon or mango twist! And rounding out the month, I tried my hand at my fiancé's favorite dessert: Yum Yum Pudding (it was so good) and whipped up some Baked Ziti for our dinner last weekend.

Watching - I know... I know. The answer to this question is so very basic but it's also just accurate. I have been binge watching Say Yes to the Dress. I have always had zero interest in that show but it's like I suddenly have a ring on my finger and that's all I'm interested in watching. And I have conversations with Watson about my thoughts and opinions on every dress... which I'm sure he loves.

Wearing - My engagement ring! I still sometimes can't believe I get to write those words! And I should preface this picture by saying that my ring didn't come from Zales and I am definitely marrying a man (I know the rainbow has been hijacked) - but I couldn't resist the cute frame and the snap of my ring.


I'm sure at some point the novelty will wear off - but maybe it never will? I don't know but I'm still pretty thrilled with it and think I will likely continue to be until that wedding band gets added... and then I'll be staring at it all over again! Ha-ha!

Bought - Talk about an Amazon find! This cute side knot long sleeve top was on sale on Amazon for between $12-$15 depending on whether you chose a solid or color block print. Considering that Summer in Scotland means temperatures will hover between 55-68 degrees, these tops are perfect for my upcoming trip.


So yes - after trying a dark green (in the picture above) and seeing how well it fit/that it looked flattering, I bought several to just make my Scotland wardrobe... with a rain coat too, of course! I just checked the forecast for Scotland for the next ten days and it looks like I've planned accordingly... temperatures of around 67 with potential for rain each day! 

Want - There are so many things... but for now I want to share this picture of my fiancé and I from the past weekend.


Also at this moment in time I want for the weather to not be quite so hot and I want my flight(s) to and from the United Kingdom in July to be uneventful. So perhaps that isn't wanting too much?

Reading - This last month I read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid and absolutely enjoyed it! A friend recommended it to me and it was as intriguing as she told me it would be. It's definitely worth checking out! I have started the book Skye Falling by Mia McKenzie - but so far I haven't been able to get into it. I'm hoping the story will suddenly pick up but it hasn't so far...


I still have The Maidens by Alex Michaelides on the shelf and my July Book of the Month box has We are the Brennans by Tracey Lange and 56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard... and I have the book All but My Life by Gerda Weissman Klein as well. In short - I have plenty to read.

*************************************************

That's that for the month of June! I cannot believe we are one day away from July and the second half of 2021. Crazy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment