Monday, March 15, 2021

Time Change & the Long Weekend

Well - the last weekend was pretty glorious - but it passed way too quickly! And yes; I'm saying that having had an extra day to my weekend... The weather was pretty close to perfection and I enjoyed every minute of it! I especially enjoyed not having to wake up to an alarm on Friday morning, getting to enjoy my coffee and then get in a 3+ mile walk/jog all before lunch!





The sun came out shortly after lunch on Friday and so I soaked up some sunshine on the deck before heading to the George Washington Hotel to get a ninety-minute massage that was absolutely divine. I'm pretty sure I was completely blissed out for a full hour and a half and it was completely glorious. I closed out the evening with dinner at the families' favorite Mexican restaurant, a bubble bath and chatting on the phone with my boyfriend. 



Saturday was another glorious day - the sun was out, the sky was blue and the day passed quickly but it was filled with all kinds of goodness. I went to the Spring Open House at a local boutique and got my car all shined up before lunch - talk about being a busy bee! After lunch I headed out into the country to see my friend's house and hang out for just a little while... I got puppy snuggles, a walk in nature and the drive to and from her house was beautiful because the day itself was beautiful!



We had dinner out on Saturday night and then headed to the movies to see Raya and the Last Dragon - and I have to say - besides wearing a face mask during the movie, it almost felt like a completely normal movie experience. The movie was also really delightful; funny and enjoyable and I'd definitely recommend it to pretty much anyone and everyone! The time changed and I have to confess that I was looking forward to it this year.... even if it meant I was gonna lose an hour of sleep! 


After church and lunch at Mission BBQ - it was off to the Arboretum to take in the sunshine and glorious weather! When Spring arrives and the weather is so lovely, I just want to sit outside and soak up the sunshine all day long... too bad that's not actually a viable career option - so I have to take advantage of the days off that are nice and sunny! I also took tons and tons of pictures!

 



 


While the sky was so blue and their was an extra hour of sunshine - we also popped over to the Burwell-Morgan Mill, grabbed snacks at Locke Country Store and sat in the sunshine to enjoy the afternoon! It was such a wonderful way to spend the afternoon and especially to spend the first weekend with additional sunshine! 

 


 

 




 


The rest of the day was spent marveling at the fact that it was still sunny after 7 PM - I feel like that happens every year, just like every Autumn I feel like it's midnight at 5 PM when the time changes! I cannot believe that we are already in the middle of March... talk about time flying by! The next weekend will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment