Monday, March 29, 2021

The Last Weekend of March

The last weekend of March 2021 has come and gone just like that - I feel like it passed in a blink! I'm never one to rush things or wish my life away; but I am very much looking forward to this upcoming weekend, so I didn't mind the speedy passage of the weekend this time! It was a good weekend filled with good things - which is always nice!

 

I joined my family to run some errands and be sneaky/scheming on behalf of my boyfriend's upcoming visit and then we had dinner at a local spot called Blue Wing Frog. The food is all vegan and organic, the food was good and the owners are always delightful and a wee bit quirky - in the best way possible.


Saturday... I wanted to sleep late so badly but I ended up awake shortly after 7:00 and man; it was a little bit of a bummer. I ended up having my coffee and breakfast and just spent most of the morning doing a whole lot of nothing. I took a quick trip to the post office, spent some time sitting in the glorious sunshine on the deck and finally got back to reading some more of my book! I also chatted with my boyfriend quite a bit, ha-ha!

Saturday afternoon the family and I headed to the outlets at Leesburg and did just a wee bit of shopping. I was hoping to find the perfect dress for Easter Sunday and while I didn't find that, I did find a couple pieces for the warmer weather! We then had dinner at Cylde's Willow Creek Farm in Ashburn and y'all - it is one of my favorite places to eat in the entire Northern Virginia area - it is always excellent.

 


 

I started with an Aperol Spritz and such a delicious Apple & Pear Salad with Gorgonzola and a Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette - it was the perfect start to the meal! The server was seriously the best because my Mom ordered the salad and mentioned that she and I wanted to split it... and the server brought two smaller portions of the salad! How awesome! My meal was Tortellini Carbonara that had bacon lardons and green peas - I was tempted to lick the dish when I finished it off! The final dish of the meal was a Lavender Crème Brulee with Lemon Shortbread and wow - it was pretty divine. All in all - a spectacular meal.

Sunday after coffee, church and a quick meal at Panera Bread, I met up with my friends Danielle and Meridith for an Adult Easter Egg Hunt at Veramar Vineyards. As you can see - the Easter Bunny was actually at the event, so we couldn't resist getting a picture!


 


The event itself left a little something to be desired - I don't know that the vineyard was quite prepared for the amount of people and it really showed. The egg hunt itself started at 2:00 and was done by 2:02 because the eggs were just scattered in a field and it was a free for all... and we discovered most of the eggs had prizes that looked appropriate for a toddler. *sigh* After finding our eggs, we sat in some Adirondack chairs, enjoyed our wine flights and just had a great time chatting.. and maybe poking fun at the event a little bit. 

 



The wine was only okay - but I did drink all four of my samples. We agreed that the event was less than stellar but we'd still had a good time because we cracked up and enjoyed hanging out together. We also stopped by an awesome antique store on the way home called Hip & Humble - I think exploring the antique store was more fun than the Easter Egg hunt, ha-ha! There were so many beautiful pieces in the store and I loved perusing the items and imagining ways I could use them! 

 



I didn't make any purchases but my friend Meridith's new light fixtures made excellent rain bonnets when we finally left the store and it was raining, ha-ha! I also crept out onto the porch while my friends were checking out to watch a train come racing past the building... and that was fun! Once I got home, I chatted with my boyfriend, got started on some laundry and watched two of my favorite Sunday night shows: Men in Kilts and Home Town.


It was such a good weekend - even if it feels like is sped by! Now Monday is almost over and the weekend ahead is that much closer! Y'all enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment