Friday, March 19, 2021

Five on Friday

 


One. A Year's Difference - Last weekend the weather on Sunday was gorgeous and so the family headed out to the Arboretum to enjoy the sunshine for the afternoon. I was reminded by my phone (courtesy of the Time Hop app) that a year to the day we'd also been at the Arboretum - although at that time it was to find somewhere to go to be "socially distanced" since the pandemic had just begun. 


I'm a huge fan of comparison pictures and I couldn't resist looking back to March of 2020 to see the change(s). I find that pictures like this are hugely motivating for me in multiple ways - not just in my health journey but also just in knowing that a year ago - we had no clue what was coming but here we all are, almost (hopefully) on the other side of this whole pandemic. 

Two. Since the Pandemic Started - Speaking of all things pandemic; I have been listening to the podcast 10 Things to Tell with Laura Tremaine and she recently touched on 10 questions for marking the end of the pandemic. I originally thought to do a whole post on them but then again - I also feel like I'm sort of over all things related to the pandemic.


I think one thing that stood out to me in the questions was how to cope and what I would remember most - and I think those go hand in hand, because I remember telling myself over and over "this won't last forever" or "things won't always be like this". At times I felt like I was being robbed of a year of my life and I had to dig deep to find the joy in some of the smaller moments of life. Do the questions make you think of anything special... specific... interesting?

Three. Sweet Friends - I don't know that I remember what I did on St. Patrick's Day last year because we were wading into the shutdown of everything and so I'm pretty sure I just ended up at home, wearing a green t-shirt! This year I was out eating at a Mexican restaurant (I know - not very authentic) with some dear friends from my church group. 


Friends are such a blessing - especially having friends that are in different stages of life. It's such a comfort to know I have so many wonderful women who have been there and are so willing to offer love, support and guidance in all things. 

Four. Spring is (almost) Here - Tomorrow is the first day of Spring and I don't know about y'all but I am absolutely thrilled. Touching back on point two above... I think the pandemic has made me a little more outdoorsy than I used to be - there is just something about being in the fresh air and sunshine that fills me up.


I cannot wait to be able to spend time soaking up the sun on the back porch, hiking all kinds of trails, having meals on the deck and just being out in nature again. So - bring on Spring!

Five. Weekend Plans - I'm going to Pennsylvania for the weekend to see my boyfriend! Y'all... I have been waiting to write that sentence for years now. I mean... not so much the Pennsylvania aspect of the sentence but the boyfriend aspect. The location isn't as important as the man who lives in that location!


The weather looks gorgeous and so I'm going to attempt to drag him outside to do a little hiking, try to whip him in a game of goofy golf and on Sunday we'll be going to church together. I'm sure it will be a wonderful weekend. 

******************************************************

It's the third weekend in March - does anyone else feel like this month is absolutely flying by? January was long but the rest of this year is just picking up speed as it goes! Better enjoy it as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment