Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Life Lately - March

 A quarter of the year - already in the books; memories made and moments passed, can you believe it?


Eating - Well, if there is one thing I'm good at... it's always finding something delicious to eat and March was no exception! I started the month in Lancaster and got cupcakes and a whoopee pie... both very dangerous things! The office was gifted a King Cake from Randazzo's, I ate some seriously tasty burgers, had some divine Bean, Queso & Sausage Dip at our favorite Mexican restaurant and finally tried Cherry Cheesecake at Mission BBQ.


I returned to Lancaster in mid-March and had what may have been the most divine Belgian waffle ever! I also had some seriously tasty macarons courtesy of my sweet boyfriend, some outstanding homemade lasagna - also courtesy of my boyfriend and his cooking skills - and the most scrumptious Snickerdoodle Latte! The month closed on a high note with dinner at Clyde's which consisted of the best Apple & Pear Salad, Tortellini Carbonara and Lavender Crème Brulee! 

Watching - I have spent the last month watching a whole lot of Home Town and Men in Kilts! I am trying to get into The Falcon & the Winter Soldier on Disney+ since WandaVision ended with a bang the first weekend in March. I've also caught old episodes of Escape to the Country and Grand Design on YouTube... and This Is Us when it comes on as scheduled (thanks a lot COVID) but nothing has completely grabbed my attention. 

Wearing - Is it completely sappy to say that I've been wearing a goofy smile all month long? That would be accurate but I feel like that would probably cause most people to roll their eyes at me. It's true, I've become completely sappy... 


Truthfully though - I've been wearing a ton on Noonday jewelry this past month! I had a party in February that went so well that I got a ton of pieces at a discounted price. Three friends had parties off of my party and so I ordered from their parties as well and now half my jewelry collection is from Noonday! If you've never heard of them - check them out here!

Bought - Well obviously I bought Noonday jewelry! I also grabbed up some dresses at Loft when they were having a BOGO event on dresses... now I've just got to sort out which one I want to wear for Easter on Sunday! Decisions...decisions! The other purchase I made this month was a really cute handbag from Draper James - but I need to curb my spending for the next few months to plan for a potential trip to Scotland this Summer!

Want - If I'd written this post even a few hours earlier, I'd have told you that I wanted to be notified that I could sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine but I actually got an email to sign up just this morning and so I'm all set for get shot on Thursday!


I know there are a lot of mixed feelings about the vaccination but I am happy to get the chance to be vaccinated. I am hopeful it will be a step toward getting back to life as normal and I'm especially hopeful that it will allow me to be able to travel some more in the coming months! 

Reading - I have not read hardly anything all month. I know - shameful, right? I started the book Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam at the beginning of the month, ended up leaving it at the office over a weekend and just kind of forgot about it for about a week and a half. Oops! I am so close to finishing it and hope to have it closed out by the time the month ends. I have got a stack of books piling up and I really need to get back to reading!

***************************************************

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of March! This month has been... a whirlwind in so many ways and proof that life can change in the blink of an eye. I can't wait to see what April has in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment