Friday, March 12, 2021

Five on Friday

It's the second weekend of March and the weekend is stretching out before me - what shall I do? 


One. Three Day Weekend - That's correct, this is coming to you from... not my office! I get a day off each year on/near the anniversary date that I started work and that was last week. I decided that I'd take today off and just enjoy having a three day weekend. 


It's always nice to have your Thursday actually be your "Friday" and get to look forward to three days of sleeping in! Which I will be trying to do each morning, ha-ha!

Two. Massage - One of the things I am so excited about this weekend is that I am getting a massage this afternoon! It has been a few months since my last massage and I am so looking forward to this one! My Mom and I are having a little girls afternoon and going to get massages and take advantage of the heated pool at the George Washington Hotel in nearby Winchester! I can't wait!

Three. King Cake - A couple weeks ago I made a King Cake for the office; no one in the office had any clue what a King Cake actually was and I wanted to share a little bit of Southern spirit and tradition with them. Well - imagine my surprise when earlier this week Fed Ex delivered a King Cake from Randazzo's in Slidell!


 

Randazzo's is considered one of the places to get some of the best King Cakes in the New Orleans area and I was blown away that someone had sent the office one! I was even more blown away when I cut into it and discovered the baby sticking out of my piece! I wonder if since I already brought a King Cake a few weeks ago... do I still have to bring another one next February?

Four. Spring Weather - The weather this week has been pretty perfect! The temperatures have been in the upper 60's and lower 70's and it has really been feeling like Spring - I even got to break out my new sandals to wear to work yesterday and loved every minute of it!


I'm sure now that I've sang the praises of the glorious weather, the temperature will go back to being chilly but hey - the time does change this weekend and so at least it will be lighter longer each day!

Five. Weekend Plans - The time change brings me to my final point... what to do this weekend? I'm sleeping in on Friday and hoping to get in about 3 miles if the weather continues to be nice! I've got my lovely massage later in the day and I'm not sure what else I'll get up to. Saturday also looks to be a pretty decent day so I may pop out to see a friend and peruse a couple stores - who knows? Sunday is church and I've contemplated going to see Raya & the Last Dragon at the Alamo. The possibilities are endless. 

*****************************************************

While I don't love losing an hour on Sunday - I am really looking forward to the time change this year because I am craving Spring and sunshine and warmer days. I think pandemic fatigue has a lot to do with that because I'm ready to be able to be outdoors. Y'all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment