Monday, March 22, 2021

Pennsylvania Weekend

 Well - the weekend passed in the blink of an eye. Wow. It was a great weekend - filled to the brim with wonderful things... it just passed a little too quickly! I drove up to Pennsylvania after work on Friday and arrived as the sun was setting. Once Ryan got in from a work trip, we caught up and watched a movie...chatting until shortly after midnight.




Saturday morning I had the breakfast of champions - macarons bought for me by my boyfriend! I'm sure they weren't really healthy but they tasted amazing and they were especially good with coffee! We were a little lazy on Saturday morning but finally went to have a late breakfast or early lunch at Lyndon's Diner - where I had one of the best Belgian waffles I've ever eaten. It was covered in some kind of cinnamon syrup and I'm not even gonna lie - I ate every single bite. 


 

I also tried Creamed Chipped Beef for the first time - and it was actually pretty good! After eating, it was off to play miniature golf (or goofy golf... or putt putt golf... whatever you call it). I may have talked a really big game about how I was going to mercilessly crush Ryan... and while I did get the only hole in one out of the eighteen holes we played - I did not win. 


 

Ryan was much more focused and serious about his golf game than I was - and so even though I did get that hole in one on the fourth hole, he beat me by about four or five strokes. *sigh* He was a gracious winner and I took my loss in stride because I was honestly just glad to be playing golf with him - even if he beat me. Ha-ha! 



We stopped at the store and then headed for the Lancaster River Trail that runs for miles and miles (I'm not sure how many) along the edge of the Susquehanna River and walked and talked... and I almost got run over by a guy on a bike, but I didn't and so all is well that ends well, right?


 


The weather all weekend was so beautiful - the sky was blue and there wasn't a cloud to be seen, the temperatures hovered around the mid-60's and it was pretty close to perfect. After walking and talking, we stopped to pick up a final ingredient for some lasagna and Ryan grabbed some Starbucks for us... and some roses for me. He already knows they way to my heart: coffee, macarons and roses! 



We were supposed to cook dinner together but honestly - I just stood back and watched him because I'm already fairly confident that while I know how to cook... he KNOWS how to cook REALLY WELL. I helped him assemble everything when it was ready but mostly I just watched and was impressed. And it was delicious when it came out of the oven - maybe if I attempted it on my own, I'd make something that was almost as good? Who knows?


Sunday morning we went to church together and it was such a wonderful experience - and yes, I know that our clothes are pretty well coordinated. We didn't plan that, ha-ha! The church Ryan attends has an actual coffee shop in the lobby and the Iced Snickerdoodle Latte was the stuff dreams are made of - it was so delicious and now I'm a little sad that I won't have another one for a while!


 


After church and lunch at a family friend's house, we chilled at the house for a little while before I started the drive back to Virginia. The drive was easy and there wasn't a lot of traffic, so I got home pretty quickly. My roses got rearranged into a vase, I had some pizza for dinner and watched Home Town... it was such a great weekend. It just passed a little too quickly. 

1 comment: