Tuesday, October 1, 2019

September Things

Image result for september

Anticipations

Niagara Falls - So, I've shared below that I'm headed to Toronto this week and en route to Toronto... we will be stopping at Niagara on the Lake and I will be seeing Niagara Falls for the first time in my life! I can't wait! I also hear Niagara on the Lake is a lovely little town!


Image result for niagara falls canada

Toronto - I'm going to Toronto for my thirty-fifth birthday and I am so excited to check out this awesome city! I'm not sure what all my family and I will get up to but we have the City Pass, so we'll be heading to the top of the CN Tower, touring Casa Loma and so much more. I will also definitely be getting something called a Beavertail - that involves some sort of churro dough, Nutella, peanut butter and Reese's Pieces. Yes please!


Image result for Toronto

Books I Read

I seriously have fallen into a fan fiction hole that I have not yet crawled my way out of! There are some really excellent amateur writers on the inter-web and I am enjoying all their varied takes on "fixing" the ending of Game of Thrones (the TV series) and continuing where A Song of Ice & Fire (the book series) left off! *nerd alert*

Books on the Shelf

I actually got rid of tons of books on my shelf...ha-ha! But that doesn't mean I've read any more books because... as stated above! *face palm*

Can't Be Missed Movies

Downton Abbey - What an absolute delight this movie was! I so very much enjoyed watching the drama, intrigue, costumes and class divisions of Downton Abbey and the movie has brought the same heart and hilariousness to the big screen! The plot centers around a royal visit to Downton and is filled with plenty of laughter, love and of course - the fabulous period costumes from both the upstairs and downstairs cast. It was so wonderful and I already hear whispering(s) that they might make a second movie? I'd be there for opening night of that one too!


Image result for downton abbey movie

Must See TV

Nationals Baseball - I haven't been watching much TV this past month but what I have been watching is my Nationals playing like their life/their season depended on it... which it did! The Nationals clinched a Wild Card spot on Tuesday, September 24th and I was riveted to the TV for the final out and the champagne celebrations that followed. Here's hoping they'll continue to play throughout October!

MLB: Game Two-Philadelphia Phillies at Washington Nationals

Poldark - The final season of Poldark started on Sunday night and so I curled up on the couch to settle in for the final season. The first episode was incredibly fast paced with drama in the House of Lords, scandal on the cliffs of Cornwall and it would appear that George might be going insane. It should be interesting to say the least.

Image result for poldark final season

The Americans - I am late to this one, but I started watching The Americans on Amazon Prime and if you don't know what it's about: two KGB agents living in the DC suburbs during 1984. It's fascinating and based on true events... and also makes me wonder if there are still Russian spies living among us. Let's be honest - they probably are. I'm on season two and so far, I'm very intrigued.

Image result for The Americans

Tasty Treats 

What a month... what a month! The first portion of the month wasn't too full but I did have some extremely delicious Jose's Enchiladas at Chuy's at the beginning of the month and they might be my favorite thing I've ever had from Chuy's - and that's saying a lot! The rest of the month was filled with superb soups and stews, afternoon tea treats, cheesecake and some divine cocktails!



Oh yes - and it should be noted - I finally tried the macaroni and cheese from Chick Fil A and it is legitimately some of the best macaroni and cheese I've ever tasted. Surely a God send. 

Tunes & Talks

Close the Door & Come Here (podcast) - This a podcast that I've discovered that focuses on the characters of Jaime and Brienne from Game of Thrones... and I've been eating it up.

I've also been listening to a lot of ambient music mixes on YouTube that are really nice to have in the background while I'm at work each week. I'm also still listening to the PopCast with Knox & Jamie, Invisibilia and more...

********************************************

So - that's September in a nutshell! It was a good month... really a great month! I cannot believe there are only three months left in the year of 2019 - I'm looking forward to making them great!

No comments:

Post a Comment