Friday, October 25, 2019

Five on Friday

The final weekend of October is upon us - can you believe it? I really can't - it's wild. There are nine and a half weeks left of this year. That's it! Whoa.


One. What is Happening - Well. It's Friday, October 25th and for the first time in 86 years the World Series will be played in DC tonight! What's more, the Nationals will play game three with a 2-0 series lead over the Houston Astros! I honestly still cannot wrap my head around what I'm watching... I see the World Series logos, I've watched the pregame content and I know - I know it's the World Series - but it all just seems crazy. And what's even crazier - if (when) the Nationals win two more games, they'll WIN the World Series. What? Is? Happening?

 

Two. Giggles - Yep, both of these are Washington Nationals themed and I'm not even ashamed of that. A friend shared one of them with me on Facebook earlier this week and I stumbled on the other while scrolling Twitter and they both made me chuckle. 



Just in case you're a Taco Bell person (it's a guilty pleasure, I won't lie...) - our short stop Trea Turner stole a base in the first game of the World Series and so everyone gets free Doritos Locos Tacos on Wednesday, October 30th. You just have to grab yours between 2:00 and 6:00. 

Three. It's Just Beautiful - Okay, just one more Washington Nationals themed thing for this week and I'll stop, I promise! The National Cathedral has a truly spectacular way of supporting the Nationals and I couldn't resist sharing the picture they shared earlier this morning!



Four. Weekend Plans - The first thing on my list for this weekend is NOT getting up at 6:15 on Saturday morning! I had such a good time last weekend at the Lavish Conference but I did not love waking up that early! So I'll be snuggling into my bed a little later on Saturday morning! 

I will most definitely be watching my Washington Nationals in game three, four and maybe five of the World Series. I'll also be going to my friend Katie's house on Saturday afternoon/evening to hang out and catch up... but I told her I had to leave in time to watch the outcome of game four in the privacy of my own home - in case it's the game we clench the World Series in. 

Five. I Confess - That I don't have a fifth point. My mind is full of a weekend filled with not a lot to do and all things Washington Nationals, so I really have nothing else to tell. Ha-ha! Have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment