Friday, October 18, 2019

Five on Friday


One. This is Still Real - It's been 2.5 days since the Nationals clinched their spot in the World Series and it still feels a little bit unbelievable. I went to Opening Day for the first time this year and the Nationals lost to the Mets... and the rest of April and early May was rough. I remember pretty clearly telling my Mom "maybe this just isn't their year...." and well, I suppose they went ahead and proved me wrong. Who knows? Maybe this year IS their year?


Two. Words of Wisdom - As a sort of tag onto the above information... on May 24th, the Nationals had a 19-31 record which is pretty tragic. They had an 0.1% chance of making it to the playoffs and everyone had counted them out... and yet here they are. When asked about that on Tuesday night after they clinched their ticket to the World Series, manager Davey Martinez said something that has really stuck with me: Often bumpy roads lead to beautiful places. And this is a beautiful place." Well. That'll preach - for a whole lot more than just baseball.


And yes - you can buy a t-shirt that says that. No, I haven't bought it yet but I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind! 

Three. Lavish Conference - Tonight and tomorrow for a portion of the day is the women's conference at my church and I'm looking forward to it! I decided to jump in with both feet this year and volunteer, so while I'm not sure what all I'll be doing... I'm sure I'll have a great time!


Four. Some Laughter - Just a few things that have made me smile here and there, throughout this week!




Five. Watson - And last but certainly not least, a little snap of Watson since I didn't do Watson Wednesday this week! He's such a mess and as he gets older he's becoming increasingly cuddly. I can't say I mind that too much at all!


Y'all have a good weekend! Something tells me this one is going to fly by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment