Friday, October 11, 2019

Five on Friday


One. NLCS - That's right people! My Nationals are still playing October baseball and for the first time since the Nationals came to DC, they are going to the NLCS! The National League Championship Series is a best of seven series and the Nationals will face off against the St. Louis Cardinals, starting tonight in St. Louis! Post season baseball has been giving me heart palpitations but I'll be along for the ride as long as the boys stay in the fight... hopefully all the way to the World Series!

Image may contain: 11 people, text

Two. For A Laugh - Listen, I wish Bryce Harper all the best in everything he does (except when the Phillies are playing the Nationals) but I could not help but absolutely cackle when I saw this. I have a Bryce Harper jersey that is essentially useless at this point - maybe I should invest in some duct tape and fashion it into something new?


Three. My Canada Mug - If there is one thing that I do not need, it's another mug.. but then we went into a shop last Friday while we were wandering Niagara-on-the-Lake and it was filled with nothing but cute, fabulous and wonderful things - including a mug that said "The Great Outdoors" and featured Canadian wildlife and maple leaves. The best part was that it was only $9.95 Canadian, which converted to something like $7 American and who can say no to that? Not me!


Four. Sometimes - Last year I purchased a book written by Mari Andrews called Am I There Yet - which was a really fun read, mostly because it included some really well done cartoons and illustrations that were interspersed with her writing. After reading the book, I started following her on Instagram to see some of her other doodles and drawings and this one just really spoke to me - I've felt this way about so many things, so many times. So I thought I would share.


Five. Watson Snaps - Because I just couldn't resist sharing a couple more cute pictures of my sweet pupper. He has been extra snuggly since I returned from Toronto and I'm not minding that one bit.


That's all I've got this week! Hopefully I'll be spending the weekend finishing up my kitchen and not getting sick (because I am fighting off a sore throat and stuffy head as I type this...) but I suppose that remains to be seen. Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment