Monday, October 14, 2019

Baseball & Building Things


How delightfully creepy did it look on Friday morning? I couldn't believe how foggy it was but it looked like something out of Sleepy Hollow... to me, at least. Blessedly, the work day was short and I was able to head home around 3:00 and spend some time with my pup before heading to the church to help get ready for the women's conference coming up this weekend.

I made sure to get home in plenty of time to settle in front of the TV for game one of the National League Championship Series - which was a definite nail biter - but Anibal Sanchez pitched a no-hitter through 7.2 innings and the Nationals secured a 2-0 win over the Cardinals for Game One. Of course, the intensity of the baseball game didn't dissuade Watson from feeling the need to beg for my maple cookies. *sigh* 



Saturday morning I tried to sleep in but I finally gave up after laying in bed for almost an hour trying to go back to sleep... I did use my new 5 cup coffee pot to brew some of the coffee from the Congo that arrived as the first part of my Atlas Coffee Club membership that my little sister gifted me for my birthday. It was delicious and the perfect way to start off the day. 

After being lazy for a little while, I got dressed in my Max Scherzer shirt and went to Lowe's with my Dad to pick up some final supplies for finishing up the kitchen and then we grabbed some groceries. I spent most of the afternoon "supervising" the kitchen work, putting together chili for dinner and being sure to take cold medicine in an attempt to keep whatever sickness I felt like I was getting at bay...



Around 4:00 I settled in front of the TV for Game Two of the National League Championship Series and watched Max Scherzer carry a no-hitter through six innings - and also watching the Nationals clench a second win over the Cardinals and putting them at a 2-0 in the best of seven series. After having some chili for dinner, doing some blogging and taking a bubble bath, I watched a few episodes of Schitt's Creek on Netflix and then climbed into bed.


Sunday morning I had delicious Congo coffee again and put on my brightest colors for church. After the service, I got gas and made a quick Target run before meeting my Dad at our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch. We returned to Lowe's yet again for a few more supplies and then returned home for football and more kitchen work... the afternoon seemed like it passed in an absolute blur and while the water got hooked up in the kitchen, we watched the Saints win and the Cowboys lose. I had leftover chili for dinner, took another bubble bath and watched the newest episode of Poldark before crawling into bed.

The weekend seems like it passed in a blur and I feel like the next weekend will be no different. The month of October feels like it is absolutely flying by - but then again - I think I've said that every single month this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment