Friday, August 3, 2018

Five on Friday

Flora Boom

One. Broccoli & Bacon Baked Chicken - I've got a quick and easy recipe for you; I made this earlier this week and it turned out delicious! It's perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
  • chicken breast/chicken tenderloins
  • one bag frozen broccoli
  • real bacon bits
  • shredded mozzarella & Parmesan cheese
  • olive oil
  • Season All
Preheat the oven to 400 and place your chicken into a cooking dish. Top with a little olive oil and Season All, then layer frozen broccoli over the top of the chicken and go ahead and sprinkle Season All on top! Cover with bacon bits, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken).

The chicken and broccoli were so flavorful and delicious and it was really easy to put together and cook - definitely adding this to a rotation, ha-ha!

Two. Oh the Baseball - We have tickets to a Nationals game tonight and I'm excited (as always) to spend my Friday evening at Nationals Park and cheer on my favorite team. They're having something of a mediocre season but there are bright spots here and ther and tonight they're giving away an Anthony Rendon bobble head - y'all know I have to add to my collection! Granted, the weather is forecasting rain, so who knows how the evening will play out? Either way - go Nationals!


It's rained a LOT this baseball season y'all. A LOT.

Three. Rose Petals are Confusing... - but my dog is cute! Wednesday evening brought some really crazy rain; it didn't last long but the wind whipped and the rain was absolutely driving, it was wild. Our neighbor's seem to have lost petals off their rose bush because Watson and I discovered bright reddish pink petals scattered all through the yard on our walk last night... and well, Watson wasn't really sure what you do with rose petals...



He couldn't decide if he should eat it, sniff it or wear it as a hat, ha-ha! Okay - the hat was all my idea and he wasn't really interested in being quite so fashion forward. He's such a mess. And just so you know - he didn't eat the rose petal, just gave it an experimental lick.

Four. So Many Movies - There are a lot of movies coming out this month that I'm really excited to see! Christopher Robin and The Spy Who Dumped Me both come out today...although I don't think I'll be getting to the theater to see either one this weekend. When I first saw the trailer for The Meg, I was only barely intrigued but then between watching Shark Week and a friend's offer to see it in IMAX, I was hooked. No pun intended. And I'm probably most excited about Crazy Rich Asians - I read the book about two years ago and the previews for the movie look amazing!

Five. It's Funny Because It's True - Oh man, the struggle to get myself back on the wagon has been real you guy! For almost a full year I was committed to exercising and eating everything in moderation and then after my grandmother passed away unexpectedly in early February, I just fell off the wagon and I have not found the motivation to get back on!


I know that I feel better when I'm exercising consistently and eating healthier foods, but the lure of lying on the couch and eating ice cream has just been so strong! I'm going to try to switch back to healthy mode on Monday - I'm sure my body will appreciate that I'm making a conscious decision to better myself - and I'd rather not gain back what I've lost so far! Wish me luck!

****************************************

I hope everyone has a good weekend! Fingers crossed I don't spend my Friday night hanging out on the concourse at Nationals Park and hoping the rain passes... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment