Friday, August 24, 2018

Five on Friday

Flora Boom

One. Perfectly Posh Goodness - Perfectly Posh is having a free shipping weekend on all orders of $25 or more! The best part is that Perfectly Posh is also still doing the Posh the People promotion: create a Posh account, order $25 in product and choose a full size product for FREE! That means for this weekend only, you can get free shipping and a free full size product for just $25 - so why not check it out?

img_6374

My Perfectly Posh website can be found at http://NatalieSummerlin.po.sh

Two. Puppy Snuggles - My sweet puppy Watson has been extra cuddly lately and I absolutely love it. Watson has always been very independent and isn't very cuddly, preferring some pets and then being allowed to go on his way to stretch out in the sunshine and do his own thing.


I do think that his recent desire for cuddles has something to do with his getting older. He'll be eleven next Spring and while most of the time he doesn't seem to be slowing down, he has gotten much more snuggly in the past few months. I hate to think about him getting older, but I suppose if he must age - at least he feels more like being loved on!

Three. Hash Brown Chicken Casserole - Another Pinterest recipe that was not a fail! I've been looking for a good chicken style casserole and this one turns out to be chicken pot pie style - with delicious corn and carrots, white meat chicken and a flavorful sauce! So yummy and easy to put together!


What You Need
  • 2 Lbs. Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes (Diced)
  • 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. salt & pepper
  • 1 Cup Frozen Peas & Carrots
  • 1 Can Sweet Summer Corn; drained
  • 2 Cups Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
  • 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1/3 Cup Milk
  • 3 Cups of Chicken (I used 3 cans of chicken; drained)
  • Bread Crumbs
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the frozen potatoes in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 pan. In a large bowl, mix well all the remaining ingredients (except bread crumbs). Pour over the potatoes and spread evenly. Sprinkle with bread crumbs to your liking and cook for 1 hour or until top is golden brown. Enjoy!

Four. Weekend Plans - Well, for this weekend there really isn't too much on the agenda! My sweet pup has a date with the vet on Saturday morning and some family friends are coming for dinner on Saturday night (I've been tasked with dessert) but otherwise, not too much on the calendar! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous and a bit cooler (in the 70's) and so perhaps I'll spend some time outdoors with Watson. Who knows? What I do know is that Autumn is right around the corner and my calendar is already filling up with wonderful things to do - I can't wait!

Image result for outlander weekend meme

I did introduce my Mom to Outlander...essentially a week ago, and she's already blazed through season one, so something tells me there might be a little bit of Outlander watching this weekend. We shall see...we shall see. ;)

Five. Farewell to Murphy - What a week it has been where my beloved Nationals are concerned. Tuesday afternoon I sat at my desk and was utterly stunned to see that six of our players had been put on waivers and both Matt Adams and Daniel Murphy had been claimed by other teams. This announcement was followed up with a press conference where it was confirmed that Daniel Murphy had been traded to the Chicago Cubs for a minor league player and cash considerations!


Not only was he traded away, but it seems like he was traded away for peanuts - blegh. I'm just glad that I got to see Daniel play on Saturday night! My heart still hurts a little bit thinking about Murphy playing for another team...and it really hurt to see his name on the Cubs line-up last night. You know what will really sting? When the Cubs come to DC the first week of September and have OUR player! *sigh* All this to say - you will be sorely missed Murph!

*****************************************

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoys the final weekends of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment