Friday, August 10, 2018

Five on Friday

Flora Boom

One. Chicken Tacos - I cooked last night and had another Pinterest winner (although sadly I have no picture) that was easy and delicious. Easy and delicious are two of my favorite things when it comes to cooking on weeknights, ha-ha! You simply place chicken breasts, one jar of salsa and one packet of taco seasoning in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, then shred the chicken and serve with your favorite taco night sides.

The chicken comes out tender and juicy and so very flavorful! It is perfect for tacos or burrito bowls or honestly just eating alone - it is just so yummy!

Two. Night at the Museum - I'm actually not talking about the movie, ha-ha! The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley is having an event tonight that will allow for touring the museum, house and gardens and hearing some local musicians perform. There will also be numerous food trucks on the grounds for purchasing supper - so that should be fun!

Image result for glen burnie house

I have toured the house and grounds before and they are lovely - but this time there is a bit of an addition - large Lego sculptures throughout the grounds! I'm looking forward to touring the gardens again, perusing the options the food trucks offer and seeing the Lego sculptures!

Three. Prayers for Charlotte - A sweet friend I've made through blogging is going through what has to be one of the most heartbreaking scenarios a parent can face - on August 3rd her daughter Charlotte was diagnosed with Leukodystrophy, a disease that is rare, incurable and terminal. The family are trying to seek the best medical care they can, while navigating the grief that comes with such a diagnosis.

Charlotte-Robson-900x537

The family covet your prayers at this time and if you'd like to help, there are some ways that you can provide support for April and her family at this time.
  • Donate to the GoFundMe page that has been set up for the family to help with uncovered medical expenses, meals and more.
  • Gift the family a postmates e-gift card (to: robsonfamilyhelp@gmail.com) for a hot meal delivered to their doorstep
  • Pray over this sweet family y'all - prayer is so powerful and this sweet family covets your prayers over their lives as they navigate this new normal.
You can also follow April on Instagram @charlottesjoy if you'd like to keep up with Charlotte's story; April wants to focus on bringing Charlotte's life joy as they are on this journey. Please refrain from contacting April directly. If you'd like to reach out with help, questions or messages they can be sent to robsonfamilyhelp@gmail.com

Four. Media Round Up - A few of the things I've been enjoying in my free time recently include the riveting HBO miniseries Sharp Objects, starring Amy Adams, Chris Messina and Patricia Clarkson and based on the equally interesting book of the same name by Gillian Flynn. I've been reading Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (for a second time) in anticipation of the movie's release on the 15th and I'm planning to follow it up with China Rich Girlfriend and Rich People Problems, the two other books in the series.

I've been listening to Stuff You Missed in History Class on the ride to and from work each day, with some tunes from Mamma Mia, The Greatest Showman, Westworld and more mixed in for good measure. And I've got tickets to see Christopher Robin tomorrow afternoon and I've heard nothing but good things about it... I'd love to squeeze in seeing The Spy Who Dumped Me too...but we'll see how the weekend plays out.

Five. Friday Funny - Lin Manuel Miranda posted a hilarious picture of his wife on Twitter yesterday and I just cannot help but be absolutely tickled by it because...well...same. Ha-ha! If only those henges worked like they did for Claire, I'd have found my very own Jamie already...right?

img_6170

Who am I kidding? I'd never make it in 1700's Scotland - not even with a man like Jamie Fraser - but's it fun to dream!

************************************************

That's all I've got for this week ya'll - hope you have a lovely weekend and it doesn't fly by in a blink!

No comments:

Post a Comment