Friday, August 17, 2018

Five on Friday

It's one of the best days of the week - it's Friday once again! This week has felt so very long y'all... Having said that, onward to this week's Five on Friday!

Flora Boom

One. Monday Malaise - I had rather grand plans to start doing my work out(s) at 6:00 in the morning on the weekdays this week...and Monday I dove into that with gusto. Monday afternoon at work I started to absolutely drag and while coffee helped, it only lasted about thirty minutes before things went progressively downhill. I ended up leaving work at 4:00 (picked up by my Momma) and when I left I couldn't get my arms and legs to work, I felt like I was going to pass out...it was not a good feeling.

Related image
I have absolutely no clue what the deal was but I was left with no energy for the next 24 hours and just felt positively wretched. I should mention that I've dealt with migraines before and I had an insane headache all day Monday as well - so maybe that was the culprit? I don't know - but I know Monday was rough and made the day...and the week as well...seem insanely long.

Two. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - If you have not heard about this movie, based on the best selling book from 2008...I am here to make it known to you! Look past the interesting title and watch this movie! I cannot tell you enough how absolutely wonderful this movie was - it is just perfection!

Image result for the guernsey literary and potato peel movie

This movie is on Netflix and clocks in at about two hours but you will not realize that two hours have passed because the story is compelling, the casting is sublime and the whole thing is just beyond enjoyable. Go watch it!

Three. Crazy Rich Asians - I have so been looking forward to seeing this movie and I am going this weekend! So excited! I read the book a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it...when I found it was becoming a movie, I was immediately on board and it finally came out on Wednesday!

img_6269

I'll be watching the movie at our local Alamo Drafthouse and they have a special menu just for Crazy Rich Asians - and I plan to take advantage of it! I can't decide whether I'll be sampling The Orchard Road or The Wet Market...but I will definitely be getting Mahjohg Cookies!

Four. Outlander Season Four - Finally...at last, at long last...yesterday Outlander announced that the fourth season will premiere on November 4th! When the fourth season premieres it will have been almost a full year - what is with all the shows I love having such long breaks between seasons? (I'm looking at you Game of Thrones)...

Related image

That means there are 79 days until Jamie, Claire and the rest of the cast are gracing our television sets once more. The Droughtlander will be over in (barely) less than 80 days - and if that's not reason enough to rejoice, I don't know what is.

Five. Weekend Plans - I've already mentioned one portion of my weekend, but I'll elaborate a bit further, how does that sound? I'm not entirely sure what my Friday evening holds but I know there will be dinner out somewhere... that's almost always a guarantee of any Friday evening at this season of my life. There may be some watching of Outlander, since I've introduced my Mom to the show... who knows? I plan to just relax!

I'll be sleeping in on Saturday and then in the afternoon, my friend Danielle and I are making our way to DC to get some refreshment at Ice Cream Jubilee and then onward to Nationals Park for Game of Thrones Night - where we'll hopefully snag one of those little figurines and maybe (fingers crossed) the Nationals will win the game? Then it's church and the movies on Sunday and probably a little more relaxing... I think the weekends are just never quite long enough. *sigh*

39c564dccff5b967ddafcd67fb196eb4

No comments:

Post a Comment