Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Ciao Bella

November... a time of year when people feast on turkey, dressing and pumpkin pie. Although this year, we've decided that for our Thanksgiving feast we are going to do things a little differently. This year we'll be dining on pasta, pizza and gelato - all things Italian - because my family and I will be Italy bound the week of Thanksgiving!

 Image result for Rome

The plan right now is to see Rome, Pompeii, Naples and Sicily and I am absolutely so excited! It's long been a dream to see the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the city of Pompeii - I'm sure seeing all these places "for real" will illicit some emotions from me. Just thinking about it makes me feel a little emotional - but all in a good way!

Image result for Pompeii

Now - here are my questions to you. Have you been to Italy? Have you been to Rome, Pompeii or Sicily? And if you have, what do you think is a must see in the area? We are planning to see all the "big" items in Rome: the Colosseum, the Forum, the Pantheon, Vatican City, the Spanish Steps...just to name a few...and I'll definitely be throwing a coin in the Trevi Fountain, something tells me that I'll want to return to the Eternal City one day!

Image result for Sicily

Is there one tour in Pompeii that is better than the other tours? Do you know of the perfect place to get pizza in Sicily? Let me know!

I honestly can't believe that in just a few months, I'll be wandering the streets of Italy! I feel quite certain that once I return from Italy, the food at Olive Garden just won't have the same zest - what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment