Thursday, September 26, 2013

White Chicken Chili

Autumn is upon us - even though here in Mississippi, it seems to come and go and when it comes, it usually only stays for a day or two. One of my favorite things about Autumn is cooking soups, stews and chili's! I could live on this stuff year round...and if I'm being honest, sometimes I do cook certain soups year round.

I love the run of the mill, delicious, ground beef and kidney beans style chili but I'm always looking to try new styles of chili. I've made a white chicken chili before and wasn't too thrilled with how it turned out, but when I saw this recipe over on the blog Texas Tales (check her out!) I figured it would probably be pretty delicious; I've made some of her recipes before and they don't disappoint! Plus - this is a crock pot meal, which is an even bigger win because you throw it all together and leave it alone!

The ingredients - this is not only easy, it can be inexpensive! You could make this for probably about $7!

Thrown together in the crock pot!

Side note here - I realize that lots of people cook chicken and then shred it up for things like this, but I am a huge fan of canned chicken. Maybe that isn't your speed but you can buy good, white meat chicken in a can and then all you have to do is throw it into your recipe! Your choice - but if you're looking to make things easier, get ya some canned chicken!

Once I came home at the end of the day - hello delicious!

Ready to eat! I need some fancy bowls to eat this stuff in; especially since I'm posting all these pictures of food!



White Chicken Chili

-2 cans white meat chicken; drained
-2 cans white beans; drained
-1 can corn (white or yellow, your choice)
-1 tbsp. cumin
-1 tsp. chili powder
-1 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. pepper
-2 tbsp. vegetable oil *although next time, I might leave this out*
-2 cups chicken broth


-Mix together all ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve!

Thankfully I have a wonderful Grandma that walked to my house and turned my crock pot to keep warm around 1 in the afternoon, that way my food would be perfectly cooked and not end up a hot mess! So, make yourself some white chicken chili and while it's cooking, go outside and enjoy the Autumn air!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely and I bet it taste great too! I might have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete