Monday, September 9, 2013

Another Week...

Well - here we are at Monday again. Weekends always blow by fast enough to give me whiplash; granted I think about 95% of the population feels that way - and then there is that 5% that is the weirdos who love Mondays, fruit cake and yearly check-ups - as a character on Game of Thrones says "there's a lid for every pot..." so, if Mondays are your thing, have a good Monday. If; like me, you wish Mondays could be wiped off the map, then we should talk...we could be good friends.

Morning morning nap - he can nap anywhere, at anytime. Especially if he has only just gotten  up. That's really his favorite time to sleep - right after he's woken up.

A sweet gift from a friend - so pretty and such a sweet reminder of the One who is in charge of all things.

It's a new microwave! Yahoo!
So - I have a new microwave! Which is seriously the best thing ever because; y'all...it is hard to just warm things up without a microwave. You see, my other microwave was a hand me down from my Dad's parents and it worked just fine for the past two years but recently, it started getting a little too sparky for my taste. As in, I'd try to use it and it would shoot sparks...that looked a little too much like small fireballs for my taste. When the family was here last week, I stuck a note on it that said "Do not use me - I shoot sparks & will burn down the house!" Thankfully, everyone heeded the note and no damage was done to the house. And since my parents didn't want me to forget and light the place up trying to warm up a slice of pizza - I got a new microwave. Which I love. Especially because - it's red. Yay!

New sunglasses, courtesy of Mom. She got new ones...so, I got "new" ones. 

Watson and Lindsey saying their farewells - she certainly didn't used to like him much, but now they love each other. Lindsey (or his Aunt Beast) might be his favorite person. 

Trying to encourage Autumn with my outdoor decor.... I'm not sure it's working.

Saying good-bye on Monday afternoon...boo....

I love my family! They're so wonderful!
So - I might be pushing things a little bit, but I need Autumn to come right now. I mean, I'm not trying to rush time but I would like to rush the weather. I want a chill in the air, I want to come home and get a chill as I'm unlocking my door...so that I then hop inside, bundle up in a sweatshirt and curl up on the couch with a blanket. I want to be able to drink coffee and enjoy that warm sensation that it gives you on a cold day. So, maybe I'm pushing it a little bit, but I don't think there is a better season to push than Fall. I love leaves, sweaters, pumpkin anything and everything and all the holidays on the horizon. So - come on Autumn, bring on the chill!

Candy corn is the gateway drug to all things Autumn...and I certainly have an addiction. Ha-ha!

The little vegetarian that I'm raising - who knew? Stood there and ate peas, carrots, green beans and corn.

Ha-ha...sad but true. 

Again with the pushing of the change of seasons - if it's Autumn related, I'm gonna be on it like white on rice.

Pumpkin spice coffee sprinkled with a little cinnamon - check! That's good stuff.

Thank you Cadbury for this creation - only finding these at Easter just wasn't good enough.

I took this candy jar from an employer that just moved on....because hey, that candy was lonely and no one wants that, right?

Si-cology 1 - this book had me in stitches almost the entire read. I do love the Robertsons; the world needs more people like the Robertsons and less people like the Kardashians.

Halloween decor in Lowe's - this thing was as tall as the ceiling. Who would even buy this?? Where would you put it?? I love me some Halloween decorations, but maybe this is too much...

I found this blast from the past at my Nanny's - too funny!

I do love the weekends and because I lead a thrilling life (seriously folks, it's scandalous) I've developed a routine on Friday night: laundry, pizza and a movie. I know, try to contain your shock and awe at how exciting my Fridays are. I'm living on the edge here people. I livened things ups a little bit on Friday night by making a macaroni and cheese pizza, which was delicious - there is a blog post devoted to that. Delicious! I watched the movie Anna Karenina....which, wow. I really enjoyed the movie - so much that I bought the book, because it was $0.99 on my tablet and that is a deal I can't beat! It's a 1844 page book and I paid less than a buck! Okay - it was $1.06 with tax, but do you realize that is 0.00057484 a page? I can't even do that math - that's what, 57 thousandth of a penny? Is thousandth even a word? Also, I'm one of those rare nerds that watched a movie and then needs to read a book - because as I've said before, the book is almost always better. Anyway, let me climb out of the downward spiral that was that rabbit hole and get back to the move - it was shot so that at times it seemed like you were watching a play and other times, you were watching a movie. It was really fun to watch visually; I see why it won the Oscar for costume design. It's a little over 2 hours long, but is worth checking out if you're into historical literary adaptions. Be forewarned - you may find you don't really like Anna so much....I didn't. Still a great movie though!

This. Was. Awesome. Go find yourself one, right now.

Poor Jude Law...or should I say, poor Karenin. I don't really think Count Vronsky is that much better looking...but whatever...

Saturday morning breakfast!
I have to make one statement about football and then I'll be done for the season. I was raised on MSU and while I haven't paid that much attention to football in ages (because really, I like a live sporting event - watching sports on TV just doesn't do it for me...I can find something else) I have to say that at least MSU fans know who they are. A friend of mine is an Ole Miss fan and I've noticed they keep posting the comment "fins up" on game day. So - I had to ask what that means and apparently when they make a touchdown, they throw up a "fin" because during the great mascot debate a few years ago, a land shark was a proposed mascot. Lordy - those Ole Miss folks don't even know who they are, talk about an identity crisis - they were the Rebels, then they chose the black bear but no one ever really embraced that, and now they're throwing fins up for a mascot that they didn't even choose? MSU may not win as many games as Ole Miss this season, but at least at the end of the day, MSU and it's fans aren't schizophrenic - we're the Bulldogs and that's all. Ha-ha!

Being goofy at the Mexican restaurant on Saturday night....

Trying to have a moment of calm in the midst of a hectic Sunday morning...

Sunday afternoon nap for the resident blanket thief...

So - there you have it. The past week in pictures and small snippets of story. Now, I suppose I should stop typing this and get to typing on other things! Hope everyone has as happy a day as you can - it is Monday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment