Monday, September 23, 2013

Leaves, Light Breezes & Life in General

Here we go again - another week has come and gone. Can I just tell you; I hope this week is MUCH better than last week. It would be an understatement to say last week was rough. There were bright spots within the week, but on a whole - I'd rather not repeat last week at all. So; that being said, let me focus in on some of the bright spots from last week and put the less than bright behind me!

Basically - my Dad is the best. That is all there is. Thank goodness for Monday pick me ups - they rule.

Monday night sunset...so pretty.

Sleepy Hollow - I give it an A+

Okay - let me tell you; the first new show of the season that I decided to watch was a hit! At least to me. I wasn't 100% sure what the premise was but I knew that it would probably involve history mixed with some crazy supernatural twist. And it was all that and more! Short synopsis: The Headless Horsemen is Death; one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse; Ichabod's wife Katrina cast a spell on him (yep, she was into the witchcraft) that bound him to the horsemen so that when the horseman reawakens, so will Ichabod. Ichabod must keep the horse from finding his head, because once he is reunited with his head, the other three horsemen will rise and rain down destruction on the world! Yeah - it's intense. I told my parents that I might have to watch this one with the lights on, squeezing Watson close, ha-ha! But one things for sure, I'll be watching!

Creepy spider webs at the office; they look pretty in the sunlight...as long as they're far from me.

The most epic of bruises...courtesy of chasing toddlers...

Lucky Bamboo - only $1 at Walgreens. My desk needed some green and I could always use some luck.

Precious boy - I do love him.

So - I for sure and certain found myself a winner when Watson came along. Y'all, can I tell you that little creatures know when we are having a bad time and if you've got yourself a good pet, they'll help you feel better. I won't elaborate on why my week was rough but I will tell you, I was quite upset on Wednesday when I came home. My sweet little pup got on the couch, scooched himself right up against me and looked at me with sweet little eyes; and then he licked the tears off my cheek. Precious I tell you. Like I said, I've got myself a winner for sure.

A very dreary Wednesday - which matched my week to perfection.

Watson loves to watch Duck Dynasty - it's one of his favorites.

Yes. Truth. So much truth. Where is my Buick to bench press...

This one - he loves to watch out the window in the mornings...

Seriously - people are going to have to quit being nice and bringing donuts to work. They're delicious...and so bad for me. *sigh*

Oh my - Thursday, what an interesting day. I've never thought about death by asphyxiation but it was a very real thought on my mind on Thursday afternoon. One of my co-workers went to Wal-Mart to buy supplies for the office and while unloading those supplies in the kitchen, she knocked a gallon of Pine Sol into the floor...and it busted. Can I just tell you, undiluted Pine Sol smells like death. Okay...it actually smells like seriously chemically altered lemons...and it is rough. We opened the front and back door, turned on a fan, nothing really seemed to help dissipate the smell. My boss announced that we probably needed to go home because it would make us sick...and then that very boss went home and left us here. Thanks - I appreciate that. By the time I left work at 5, I had a raging headache. The other two co-workers downstairs with me had other issues; one kept coughing and gagging while the other's eyes were watering and her throat was burning. So - undiluted Pine Sol could must assuredly be a chemical weapon. That stuff is rough!

An open door policy....so we don't choke to death on Pine Sol.

Not pleased to see that I'd booked a flight to Virginia and he doesn't get to go....again.

This is also true. I laugh because it's better than crying...

OMG - Booth and Bones are getting married!! In October!! The joyous payoff for watching a show for nine years! Yahoo! Okay...I'm slightly excited.

Such a lovely forecast - bring on the rain.

I do love new and fancy...especially when it's free!

Tapping on the door with his foot - he's started doing this and it cracks me up!

Short Friday afternoon nap...

Supper at Chili's - the food was good, the service...was not.

Friday night, I went out with a friend to eat and explore Joann's to see what they had to see. I love eating some food at Chili's but lately I've just about decided I'm going to need to give it up. The food is always good, but the service is always horrible! We waited almost 5 minutes before anyone came and offered to seat us, then we waited another 10 minutes for someone to take our order...and surprise, surprise, when the order came out - it wasn't right! I want Chili's to be good...but they always let me down. Joann's is another story; they don't let me down in the content category...but the prices are crazy! Who has $40 to spend on a metal lawn owl? This girl sure doesn't! Even at half off, their items are still pretty pricey. I did buy one small thing - it was 50% off, plus another 15% off with a coupon. My little Autumn/Halloween loving heart was ate up with all the cute decor but I my wallet just couldn't take it. Oh well - compromise is a good thing. Another thing - I miss Hobby Lobby. Fiercely.

I love it all. Especially that metal owl and the black pumpkins...*sigh*

It was rainy on Friday night, so while I watched a movie, Watson made himself very comfortable - with two pillows and a blanket. He has real needs when it comes to comfort.

Saturday morning yard visitors!

Begging for a bite of breakfast - look at those dirty paws!

Walking through the yard after the rain...

I have a muscadine tree in my yard - who knew? Apparently this is what the deer were eating!

I was not worth killing on Saturday - I'm not even joking. I usually try not to be completely lazy but on Saturday the desire to do nothing got the better of me. I had on pajamas for 75% of the day - I put on "real" clothes at 2:45 and was back in my pajamas by 6:00 - seriously, I was lazy in the epic sense of the word. I guess I should make it known that I did wash three loads of laundry, vacuum the house and re-arrange the living room. I know; the re-arranging thing..it's like a sickness, I can't help it. I feel so rested now that this weekend has come and gone...so rested that I just want to take another nap. Ha-ha!

The first step is admitting you have a problem; right? Is it really a problem though? I just like to re-arrange furniture...

He wanted a piece of chocolate. He didn't win this battle...even with that cute little face.

Desperate for a bite of Sunday dinner...which he may have gotten a small sample of...

Beef Tips with rice and green beans; a strawberry cupcake for dessert...and a pup who wants his own plate.

Enjoying the Autumn evening...I hope the weather sticks around...

Well - that's about all for the past week. I hope you have a good Monday...I'm going to do my best to!

A very blurry picture of the $5 door hanger that I bought at Joann's - too cute!


Quote for the week: You can’t pour antidote into a vat of poison forever and expect it to transform into something safe, something healthy. In some cases, poison is poison, and the only sane answer is to move on. - Jen Hatmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment