Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Tunes

So - here we go again! It's Tuesday and I'll share my play list with you. You see, I have quirky tastes in music but as I've mentioned before, I love me some music - and if you don't like my music, well that's okay. We can still be friends.

Just ask my best friend, David. We've been best friends now for...oh gosh, 12 years? Whoa! Anyway - we've been best friends for 12 years now and I kid you not, we've agreed on maybe 5 songs. Its a routine practice to text the titles of songs back and forth - and nine times out of ten, we don't agree. He's listened to two of these songs, and his response? Well - for one of them, he said "woof". Like...apparently he REALLY didn't like it. That's fine. You listen to your music, I'll listen to mine, we'll argue over the radio when we're together - but we can still be friends.

Without further ado - what I'm listening to this week:

Missing You - John Waite
Music for Airport Zombies* - Marco Beltrami (from the Warm Bodies soundtrack)
Midnight City - M83
Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen
I Wanna Hold Your Hand* - Marco Beltrami (from the Warm Bodies soundtrack)
Runaway - The National
Why Should I Worry - Billy Joel
Heaven - Boyce Avenue

*Both of those songs are instrumental - and I love them. The first song; it's just this jazzy little number that completely belies the fact that; in the movie, all the characters are (at first) zombies. Plus - I think humans are most like zombies in the airport; standing around, waiting, shuffling from gate to gate. Seriously, you think on that one for a little while. The other song is just so pretty; it has the most beautiful strains that are heart-breakingly beautiful and so perfectly capture the idea of these "people", these zombies being brought back to life because they've found human companionship. I love it. Okay - explanation done.*

Hope you're enjoying some good music this week - I surely am!

No comments:

Post a Comment