Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Music Makes Life Better!

So - if you know me at all, you know that I need music like I need air. If there is one thing I can spend money on, it's music. I have frequently purchased songs on iTunes without thinking and then when I get the receipt in my email, I'm struck with that "OMG - you bought how many songs?!?" moment. I had one today. Oops.  Happens all the time. What can I say? I love music and it is playing almost all the time. I'm a background noise kind of person - I play music while I cook, while I clean, while I read (sometimes) and sometimes I even play music while I'm going to sleep - because there's an app for that. If I'm not talking to someone to and from work, there is music playing in the car - usually pretty loudly. I've been known to make the car shake a little bit...and not on some hardcore rap music; I've listened to my Game of Thrones soundtrack so loudly that the windows vibrated - and it's all instrumental music. Yep - big ol nerd, right here.

Now, while I am; like my sister, musically gifted, I am also gifted with the curse of being a wee bit too self-conscious and shy. So, while you won't hear me belting anything out on stage like Lindsey does, I very frequently do really amazing solos in the car and while getting ready in my bathroom. Unfortunately, unless you're a fly on the wall, you aren't going to witness those performances. Seriously - I don't even sing loudly in front of my family and friends.

All that being said, I thought I'd share my current play list. Maybe some of the songs will be right up your alley and maybe you'll think they're nuts. Either way - music can make things better, so find a song you like and turn it up!

My Current Playlist
Popular Song - MIKA featuring Ariana Grande
Best of 2012 Pop Mash-Up - Anthem Lights*
Wild Horses - The Sundays
Hot Blooded - Foreigner (Bones premieres in less than a week! Yahoo!!)
Atlas - Coldplay (thanks Lindsey! Great suggestion!)
Diamonds - Rihanna (although I prefer the version where it's combined with the Game of Thrones theme)
Full of Grace - Sarah McLachlan
Better Than I Know Myself - Adam Lambert
Don't You Worry Child - Anthem Lights

*Yep - Anthem Lights made it onto the list twice. They're a Christian group that I randomly stumbled upon on Pandora last week. And they can seriously sing. Plus, that second song on the list - I need that message right now.

1 comment:

  1. oh I do love Anthem Lights...and the lead singer is married to Karen Kingsbury's daughter, Kelsey - do you read her books...if you do, then she's the real life "Bailey" :) anyway - love them!!

    ReplyDelete