Monday, February 27, 2023

What Season is it?

True story - on Thursday it was almost 80 degrees - and then on Saturday (as you can see) it snowed. Now, it didn't snow much but still - it leads one to wonder what season we are experiencing right now? I know it's supposed to be Winter and snow is very much a Winter thing, but the recent temperatures hovering between the mid-50's and upper-60's have me longing for an early Spring.

Friday night was a pretty chill evening for Ryan and I - we ended up having dinner, having a family budget meeting and actually going to bed pretty early, ha-ha! We are basically an old married couple - even though we haven't quite made four months yet!


Saturday we were up before 7:30 - the trouble with getting up at 5:15 during the week means you don't sleep that "late" on the weekend! We had some down time before we got ready for the day and headed to my parents to have an early lunch with some family friends and then we perused some thrift stores in the area - and I found a Washington Nationals Stein - what a find y'all! 

 

About a month ago, Ryan and I were discussing date nights and getting creative with the things we did for dates - I told Ryan to use his imagination and y'all - he definitely did for our date on Saturday! I mentioned shortly after we were married that maybe one day (someday) we should get one another's initials tatted on our ring finger - small enough to be covered by our wedding bands - but as a "wedding band" when we need to leave ours somewhere safe.

The hubby told me earlier in the week that he had a surprise for our date on Saturday and I couldn't be a "chicken poop" about it. Well - I knew then that we were going to get tattoos! Eek!


I wasn't terrified but I did purchase some Lidocaine numbing cream and applied it liberally to my ring finger ahead of the appointment. I confess that I did get pretty nervous right before the moment arrived - but once the tattoo artist started, it wasn't nearly so bad as I'd imagined and y'all - it was done in about five minutes! Just like that - I am now the proud owner of a tattoo and I still can't believe I actually have one, ha-ha!


 



We met up with my parents for dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then headed home to watch some TV and chill before calling it a night! We made sure to put some Aquaphor on our new tats - got to help them heal correctly! Sunday morning it was off to church and then my parents took us to brunch at Regions 117 - which was so nice! It's been a while (the day after our wedding actually) since we've been to Regions and I always enjoy their delicious food! 


After snow showers on Saturday, the weather was sunny and 62 on Sunday and so Ryan and I knew we wanted to get outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather! We headed to Seven Bends State Park and got in almost three miles in the glorious weather! We love having this state park so close to our house - it's the best place for spending time outside and just a couple miles down the road!

 



We came home and did some things around the house before stoking up our fire pit in the backyard in the moderate temperatures. My parents ended up stopping by with fire wood, hot dogs and chips, so we roasted weenies in the back yard and enjoyed the weather while it was so nice. It was such a good weekend - even if it passed way too quickly!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment