Monday, February 6, 2023

Twas' A Brisk Weekend

I honestly cannot believe it's Monday again already - goodness where does the time go? I fudged a little bit with the first three pictures because it actually snowed; a light dusting, on Wednesday morning. So not exactly the weekend but I wanted to capture it because who knows - it might be the only snow we see this Winter!

 


We have had a mild Winter where precipitation is concerned - just a little ice and barely a dusting of snow - but the temperatures, they have been a little rough from time to time! This weekend the high hovered around the low thirties/upper twenties and dropped into the teens overnight. Eek! My in-laws picked a most chilly weekend to visit! The in-laws arrived on Thursday evening and after visiting for a couple hours (check out Maggie - she was pooped) we all headed to bed - Ryan and I were off to work on Friday and the in-laws were headed to PA for the day!


Friday after work, Ryan and I were blessed with some Olive Garden dinner from my parents and we spent the night at their house since the menfolk were headed to a Men's Breakfast at the church early on Saturday morning! Surprise, surprise - after chilling for a wee bit, my Mom and I went and had our own breakfast, ha-ha! Gotta love Cracker Barrel for a delicious Saturday morning breakfast!


After our breakfast(s) - we got our coats and hats and scarves and gloves and climbed into the car to head to DC for the rest of the day/evening. We took the Metro into the DuPont Circle area to watch Ryan's cousin Noah's latest production - a play called Dear Mr. Duncan, all about the life of Todd Duncan - the original Porgy in Porgy & Bess, and the man responsible for desegregating DC theaters - just to name a few of his many accomplishments.


We were joined at the Keegan Theatre by my in-laws, and cousins on my mother-in-law's side of the family for the opening performance of the play - which featured great music and two incredibly talented singers, my goodness the voices on these performers! After the show, we caught an Uber over to Cactus Cantina for dinner and all fourteen (maybe there were fifteen) of us sat around a huge table, eating Tex-Mex, chatting and laughing - it was a wonderful time!


 



After taking the Metro back to our cars and then driving home, we finally made it back to our house shortly after 10 and I as pooped! I ended up crashing within twenty minutes of getting home and slept like the dead until almost 8 AM on Sunday! After church, we had lunch at Woodstock Café and then took my in-laws to Seven Bends State Park for the afternoon - the weather had changed pretty dramatically overnight and we ended with a 60-degree day - so we took advantage of it and got outside for a few hours!

 


After our adventures in the state park, it was back to the house where we got ready for the work week ahead, had a delicious pork roast that Ryan cooked in the crock pot and then we made a Wal-Mart grocery run before ending the evening playing some games together! 


It was a great weekend - even if it passed much too quickly - and I'm now left yawning at my desk on a gloomy Monday afternoon, ha-ha! We have a busy week ahead and while I am looking forward to all of our activities, I'm also looking forward to Saturday at 2:30 when Ryan and I will have all of Saturday afternoon and Sunday to just chill... and watch the Super Bowl, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment