Friday, February 10, 2023

The Friday Five

 


One. Office Team Building - I am so glad it's Friday and I am especially thrilled because after what has been a really long week (it's been so long and stressful) that my co-workers and I are being treated to a team building exercise today! If you are reading this, you'll probably say it's not really team building - but we are being treated to lunch at Texas Roadhouse and then we are getting pedicures! 

I cannot wait to eat some BBQ Grilled Chicken and then sit back, relax and get a much-needed pedicure!

Two. XO Marriage Conference - Ryan and I are spending a good chunk of our weekend at the XO Marriage Conference, being held at our church this weekend! We were able to attend last year as an engaged couple and while that was special, I am thrilled to be able to attend as a wife this year!


Being married is such an absolute blessing but I also know that to make marriage work will require work on both Ryan and I's part. We want to have a marriage that honors Christ and one another - so taking the time to put some work and learning together into our marriage is the perfect way to spend the weekend before Valentine's Day!

Three. Super Bowl Sunday - We have once again arrived at Super Bowl Weekend and so football will soon be coming to a close for another year (which means baseball season is fast approaching). I don't have any particular feelings toward either of the teams... although I hear that Eagles fans aren't the nicest...


Ryan and I will be watching and we are gonna have some football food for our watching: some pizza, wings and Rotel dip! Both teams have had excellent seasons, so hopefully the game will be good and I think - just maybe - I'll cheer for the Chiefs!

Four. Valentine's Day - I can't believe we are only a couple days away from Valentine's Day! Which also happens to be the mid-point of the month of February! Does anyone else feel like this year is flying by?? Usually January and February are so long but here we are, closing in on the halfway point!


Ryan and I are celebrating a little more low-key this year! We each got one another a small gift and we will just eat at home on Tuesday. We have big goals to accomplish this year and so there was no need to splurge on anything crazy.. plus - we have a long awaited weekend in Seven Springs, PA next weekend - so we will celebrate into next weekend too!

Five. Wedding Dress Shopping - I know what you're thinking... didn't you just get married? And you're right, I did! Now that Ryan and I are married and everyone has seen "the dress", I just thought I'd close out this post with some pictures from when I went wedding dress shopping way back in November of 2021! I never shared these pictures because they are all of "the dress" and so I've waited to share.



 

It seems like just yesterday and a lifetime ago that I found my wedding dress! I love it just as much as I did the day I tried it on and I am so glad that it's now perfectly preserved with a 100 year guarantee! And I must say, if you are in the state of Virginia and looking for a wonderful wedding dress shopping experience - Ashley Grace Bridal in Lynchburg, VA is perfect.

***********************************************

Y'all have a good weekend! I plan to enjoy mine and enjoy some down time and relaxation with my hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment